Problems with drop down menus on browser pages with Droid X

Twigg4075

Reaction score
I finally noticed that there was an update available for my Droid X yesterday. Although I thought it was supposed to be 2.2 it showed as 2.3.17 or something like that.
I digress though. Since the update I can never get drop down menus to work on browser pages. I'll click the button and the drop down menu comes up but before I even get a chance to type something in (in a search box for instance) the menu just disappears.
Also I've noticed a few times that stupid obtrusive ads are appearing on some web pages that I can't get rid of without exiting to the homes screen and reloading the browser. I never had this problem before the update as I assumed those stupid ads were being blocked.

Edit: By the way, could watching videos be any choppier now?

kevinkar

Reaction score
Another oddity with the update from today (Android version 2.2 but system version 2.3.15) I also noticed.

I don't see a fix for the ads either. Maybe I need to try a Dolphin HD add on to fix that. Don't know if I am seeing the same exact issues you are. Can you suggest a website to compare?

K

OP
T

Twigg4075

Reaction score
Another oddity with the update from today (Android version 2.2 but system version 2.3.15) I also noticed.

I don't see a fix for the ads either. Maybe I need to try a Dolphin HD add on to fix that. Don't know if I am seeing the same exact issues you are. Can you suggest a website to compare?

K
The webpage I visited most recently in which I encountered that problem was Snopes.com.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Snopes.com you say? I don't know if I can believe that! Heh heh.

Ok, yeah, that site has some odd ads popping up. Using Dolphin HD the ads appear to be blocked but they went all bonkers using the built in browser. Ads popped up when I did not expect them to.

The two browsers definitely handle the page differently. Did you try changing the setting to make it open "full" pages rather than "mobile" pages? Not sure that will help.