Quickpic lost an entire album

MrBlue

Reaction score
I installed the Quickpic app about 3 months ago without any issues until recently. I created a new album and had about 300 pictures/videos saved in it. As usual I save all my media to my SD card in case of problems with the phone itself. When I finally did end up with and issue with my phone, I did a factory reset without hesitation. When I got my phone back up and running, the entire album that I had created was no longer visible in either my stock album or quickpic once it was re-installed. I have tried everything I can think of from ASTRO file manager to asoftech recovery software. Unfortunately I have not been success on about 25% of my lost album. I did find with ASTRO that I not only have the normal sdcard1, but also TWO sdcard0 locations. My fear is that when quickpic created the new album it transferred all these pictures/videos to the phone itself and they are lost forever.

I have tried searches in ASTRO file manager, manual browsing, data recovery with asoftech software(which saved about 75% of the data), connecting my phone to my computer for searches, and am about to the point of throwing the phone against the wall to see if they magically burst out of it.

If anyone has any helpful hints I would be grateful. I am not as technologically advanced as some users and hope that maybe someone has a better idea as to how to recover these photos/videos.

Thank you

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've had great results recovering files/pics with a recovery tool called r-studio (http://www.r-studio.com/). It can recover files deleted on SD cards as well as USB drives. I haven't given it a try attempting to recover files on the internal SD cards in phones. Still, if there is a tool that will work, it would likely be r-studio. My only concern is whether it can "see" the internal SD card or not. SD cards on the motherboard are virtually identical to those which are removable except that they're permanently attached to the motherboard. If the drive is visible to r-studio via USB cable on your computer I'll bet it works.

Run r-studio and do a full scan of the two SD cards one at a time, and once the scan completes on one card look for image files (.jpg), and select them all...then choose restore. Then do the same on the other. Once completed, see if the image files which are missing are there with Astro File Manager or another file manager.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

OP
M

MrBlue

Reaction score
Unfortunately, R-studio is out of my price range. I was hoping to hear that Quickpic just stored the photos under a different file path on the SD card and that it didn't actually transfer everything to my phone storage. Every search in Astro or recovery I have tried still hasn't brough back the rest. Any more ideas?