Randomly deleted whole SD Card, no system to boot

emeraldage

Reaction score
Well I'm very pissed just to say that. Just wanted to update my rom from 4.1 to 4.2 with JBscourcery or something. Went to backup the current 4.1 codename android. It said it was allowcating space, sat there forever and ever. So I pulled the battery. Wouldn't start anymore. Did a bunch of deleting data/cache and all that. Eventually it started once I cleared data. So then I went to wipe again and install JBsourcery. Finally got that on. Started up all I see are this has stopped working. Setup has stopped working. Can't do anything. Go to reinstall the system, all I have on SD card now is 0/ and legacy/ and obb/. All my **** is gone, 200+ photos, 5 gigs or so of music. So now I have no way to install a ROM. If I plug it in USB and do the mount sdcard option, nothing happens as it's never worked before anyways. The heck do I do? Really can't believe this is happening right now.

OP
E

emeraldage

Reaction score
I also flashed gapps and cleared dalvik cache. When it starts up, windows picks it up and I am able to drag and drop my file onto the phone. Except it won't actually transfer, just say Copying... and no progression or anything going on. Update: Randomly found all my files under SDcard/0/0 And that was what my previous Sdcard was... Reinstalled same problem. GOodthing I have my codename rom still on there hopefully it works..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is this for a Galaxy Nexus or a Motorola Droid (as your profile indicates)?

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
its all still there. flash back to 4.1 and it will all be in a folder called "0"

you might have to use Clockwork mod to flash and then once in 4.1 you can salvage all your pictures and what nots.

hit me up if you need more help.

i had the same thing happen

OP
E

emeraldage

Reaction score
Okay. Yeah galaxy nexus sorry about that. I was able to flash codename thank god. Started it up and now windows doesn't even recognize it. I'm assuming that JBSourcery didn't work because something was corrupted or bad. So I have no idea how to get windows to freaking recognize the device now. It always worked perfectly before, I manually installed the drivers awhile ago and it even connected with the bad JBsource so no idea why it's doing this now. Going to try Gapps and then if that doesn't work install es file browser and transfer through wifi.

OP
E

emeraldage

Reaction score
How do get the mount sd card to work correctly with recovery? It worked with every other phone I had, fascinate, charge and droid I'd hit that button and have it plugged into my comp and windows would pick it up and let me move stuff to it. Now whenever I click it the screen just flashes on my phone and nothing happens at all. (This forums are being weird not letting me edit :c)

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
4.2 its kinda broken 4.1 should work but you can only see it in recovery not access it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

emeraldage

Reaction score
Well figured out it's something to do with gapps. I'll have to get a different one.

OP
E

emeraldage

Reaction score
Okay well I fixed it.. How do I fix the 0/0/0/0/0 issue? Just cut everything from the real folder to the first one?