Razr reboots accessing Gallery/SD Card

Anomander

Reaction score
I got my wife the 16GB Razr this week with the deal on Verizon. I updated the phone today to 2.3.6 She was using it last night with no problems. When I got home this morning I figured I would take her SD card from her old original Droid and use it in her Razr. I powered down the phone installed the card and powered up. It had no problems preparing the SD Card or Internal memory, but whenever I go to access the gallery and it pulls from the SD card pictures it reboots the phone.
I get the feeling I may need reformat the card? I was curious if anyone else has had this problem? Before I reformat I will connect it with the PC and pull the stuff off of the card and see if that does anything.

reybie

Reaction score
I saw something similar on another thread. Browse the sd card with a file manager program and look for pics with zero bytes or funky filename. It is probably corrupted and it's causing the phone to reboot when the app tries to load it.

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
I saw something similar on another thread. Browse the sd card with a file manager program and look for pics with zero bytes or funky filename. It is probably corrupted and it's causing the phone to reboot when the app tries to load it.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I did manage to copy the entire SD card onto my PC and the phone did not reboot. Tried the Gallery again, and it rebooted... Will look for a corrupted file now.

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
reformatted and moved the old stuff back on and had the same problem. Reformatted again and left it blank and snapped a few pictures and so far so good. Will just keep using it and see what happens.

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
I'm giving an update on this. Reformatted card and started taking pictures with the phone. No issues with the gallery pulling from the SD card now. Going to assume something was on the old stuff that was giving it fits, though I Find it interesting everything transferred over onto the PC just fine.