Record Mic and Call APP

Erikbal

Reaction score
I heard of this app on a thread on here so I downloaded it and figured I'd give it a try. Don't really know why but I thought it'd be cool to be able to record calls if I ever wanted to, yes I know about the legal issues. Anyways if I do a record of just myself like a voice recorder it works fine, but if I try to record a call it records like a half second of the call and that's it, even though I have the max record length and mb size set to a crazy number. Any ideas? Anything I am missing? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks a lot guys like usual!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
What is the app called? It sounds like the dev is under the impression u can record .5 seconds w/o it being infringement but that sadly is not the case. Anywho, you will be better off not telling every1 on here that your attempting illegal activities

Cdjones187

Reaction score
What is the app called? It sounds like the dev is under the impression u can record .5 seconds w/o it being infringement but that sadly is not the case. Anywho, you will be better off not telling every1 on here that your attempting illegal activities

Its not illegal unless he were to use the recording for illegal things, example, not asking the person on the other end if he can use the recording.. Otherwise personal use is just fine but it couldn't legally be used for anything else without the others consent.. Company's do this ALL the time, some will tell you its recorded (mostly only call centers) and some wont.(corporate businesses)

"Under United States federal law and most state laws there is nothing illegal about one of the parties to a telephone call recording the conversation, or giving permission for calls to be recorded or permitting their telephone line to be tapped. However, several states (i.e., California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington) require that all parties consent when one party wants to record a telephone conversation. Many businesses and other organizations record their telephone calls so that they can prove what was said, train their staff, or monitor performance. This activity may not be considered telephone tapping in some, but not all, jurisdictions because it is done with the knowledge of at least one of the parties to the telephone conversation. The Telephone recording laws in some U.S. states require only one party to be aware of the recording, while other states require both parties to be aware. It is considered better practice to announce at the beginning of a call that the conversation is being recorded.There is a federal law and two main types of state laws that govern telephone recording:
Federal law requires that at least one party taking part in the call must be notified of the recording (18 U.S.C. §2511(2)(d)). For example, it would be illegal to record the phone calls of people who come into one's place of business and ask to use the phone, unless they are notified."

BUT... Have fun trying to find a recording application that will record a phone call without some sort of annoying beep that pretty much informs the other party that something is up with the conversation. I see where your trying to go with this and I know you don't mean any harm I was curious about the same thing at one point also.

BTW radioshack use to sell 'phone taps' for LAN lines, if it were so illegal why would they sell it?

Last edited:
OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score

It's actually called record mic and call.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

MaxxFordham

Reaction score
Companies

Company's do this ALL the time...

Have fun trying to find a recording application that will record a phone call without some sort of annoying beep...

BTW radioshack use to sell 'phone taps' for LAN lines...[/COLOR][/FONT]

No, "company's" never do it. Some companies do, though.

I've never seen one with an annoying beep. All the call recorder programs for Android that I've tried don't have a beep like that.

Radio Shack useD to sell phone taps, yeah. I wonder why they stopped. But those weren't for "LAN lines." They were for land lines.