[REQUEST] Focused 2.0 Vanilla

bmerrill63

Reaction score
My understanding of data throttling is that the carrier networt (VZW) will throttle down our download speeds once we hit a certain amount if data usage. So what this zip does is alter our services.jar to work around this. So once this zip is applied we will still download at regular speeds no matter how much data we use. Once again this is just my understanding so please correct me if im wrong. Hope it helps.
Loaded this theme last night and worked great. That is until this morning when I flashed the data removal zip and now the time in notification bar is white text. Anyone else have this issue?

sent from my drodspeed DX
For more goodies check out BBH-Plus.net

Hey, I have a question, why did you remove the data throttle? I'm not clear on whether it removes throttling or allows them to throttle you.... I've read mixed posts on it being good and bad or maybe I'm making this up in my head but I still would like to know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

sent from my drodspeed DX
For more goodies check out BBH-Plus.net

seanubis

Reaction score
TECHNICALLY, the GB theme is "vanilla" since its the upgraded version of android, and is considered stock :)

Enough of me being a dbag.. I'll see what I can do when I get some free time.

Are the blacked-out messaging and Gtalk apps actually stock? (not being critical, just genuinely curious)

Last edited:

seanubis

Reaction score
Here u go.

Vanilla Froyo for Rubix 2.0:

Site Unavailable

That URL is prompting me for login credentials, and I don't have any :(

Is there another URL for that theme?

Never could get to that theme :\

My main goal was to get away from the blacked-out Swype, Talk, and messaging apps, so in the end I just flashed Rubix, flashed DX Swype from Fission Rom Manager, and pushed Talk.apk and Mms.apk from Fission 2.5.7.

Loving Rubix now - the speed and battery life are amazing :)