Request: Step Instructions for Root on Mac

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
So i rebooted my phone and its back to speed now. I did those two steps and after the second it says "./rage*.bin: not found"

So do I have to start all over and do those steps too?

pool_shark

Reaction score
So i rebooted my phone and its back to speed now. I did those two steps and after the second it says "./rage*.bin: not found"

So do I have to start all over and do those steps too?

$ cd /tmp
ls -l rage*

See what comes up. If nothing shows, then yes, you will need to copy the file again.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Ah ha you were right! One more line of text came up. Now I have the pound symbol.

I'll input the rest of his instructions and let you know how it goes. Thanks so much!

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Ok so I am rooted! Once again thank you so much pool shark I couldn't have done it without you!

What do you I recommend I do now that I'm rooted. I plan on using SetCPU.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Glad I could help you.

The only thing I've done so far is rename some of the apps I didn't want so they don't show up and don't run.

I installed screenshot and wireless tether (even though I don't use it).

ljbaumer

Reaction score
sorry to tell you this

Ah ha you were right! One more line of text came up. Now I have the pound symbol.

I'll input the rest of his instructions and let you know how it goes. Thanks so much!

sorry to tell you this but if you don't know already the droid 2 has a locked bootloader and that means that for a while we won't be able to overclock our phones. For now we can only underclock and most of the time that just slows your phone down.

Unless someone fines an exploit or makes a big breakthrough we won't ever overclock the droid 2.