Ring tones will not change

brobox

Reaction score
Loaded a ring tone last night and everything works fine, but I cannot change the ring tone. All ring tones show on the list, play fine when you select one, select OK to choose that ring tone, it shows that ringtone as the selected ring tone....but VZW Airwave is the only ring tone that will play when the phone rings. Select a factory installed ring tone, same thing only VZW plays when the phone rings. I have done a reboot of the phone no change. What am I missing?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried pulling the battery? Sometimes little issues such as these will be remedied with a battery pull.

OP
B

brobox

Reaction score
Thank you....the battery pull did the trick. I have to get use to that, I couldn't do that with the RAZR :)

bbtkd

Reaction score
Thank you....the battery pull did the trick. I have to get use to that, I couldn't do that with the RAZR :)

Most phones without a removable battery to pull have an equivalent key sequence. I believe the Razr and iPhone both do.

OP
B

brobox

Reaction score
Most phones without a removable battery to pull have an equivalent key sequence. I believe the Razr and iPhone both do.

Yes, they do, if you can remember the sequence. Much easier to to remove the cover.