Root Explorer - Can't Unzip - Help?!

Androyd

Reaction score
I was screwing with a new media player, which syncs poorly. As a result, I zipped my music, so I could "start fresh." I had the music in two folders, and Astro File Mgr was giving me Hell about zipping the files (possibly the sub-folders being the issue). I moved onto Root Explorer, as it's the fail safe for doing whatever Astro won't let you do.
Root Explorer zipped both folders (appx 2GB ea.) without a hitch, albeit slowly.
One of the files extracted perfectly, subfolders and all, into /sdcard/extracted.

The second file is the bad one. The file size approximated the files put into it, so I didn't anticipate a problem. When I try to extract using Root Explorer, it gives me no errors, but instead of taking 15mins, it's done in 5 seconds, displaying "File(s) extracted to /sdcard/extracted." When I navigate to that folder, I find that only a blank folder was created.
If I try to extract using Astro File Mgr, I get "Error listing files for the zip file <filename>.zip" -- caveat, I don't know if Astro FM and Root Exp use the same zip method.

Now, long story short (too late), I'm wondering what the best tool is to look at a file zipped by Root Explorer. Can I USB to a PC and unzip in Windows? Is there a better Droid App for Unzipping? What are my options?
I have over 2GB of music, that I downloaded legally, trapped in this zip file -- and I don't wanna burn the cash doing it again.

Motorola Droid, rooted, running Cyanogenmod 6 (stable), overclocked and running strong

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Mount your phone and unzip them on you pc

Sent from somewhere...

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I was screwing with a new media player, which syncs poorly. As a result, I zipped my music, so I could "start fresh." I had the music in two folders, and Astro File Mgr was giving me Hell about zipping the files (possibly the sub-folders being the issue). I moved onto Root Explorer, as it's the fail safe for doing whatever Astro won't let you do.
Root Explorer zipped both folders (appx 2GB ea.) without a hitch, albeit slowly.
One of the files extracted perfectly, subfolders and all, into /sdcard/extracted.

The second file is the bad one. The file size approximated the files put into it, so I didn't anticipate a problem. When I try to extract using Root Explorer, it gives me no errors, but instead of taking 15mins, it's done in 5 seconds, displaying "File(s) extracted to /sdcard/extracted." When I navigate to that folder, I find that only a blank folder was created.
If I try to extract using Astro File Mgr, I get "Error listing files for the zip file <filename>.zip" -- caveat, I don't know if Astro FM and Root Exp use the same zip method.

Now, long story short (too late), I'm wondering what the best tool is to look at a file zipped by Root Explorer. Can I USB to a PC and unzip in Windows? Is there a better Droid App for Unzipping? What are my options?
I have over 2GB of music, that I downloaded legally, trapped in this zip file -- and I don't wanna burn the cash doing it again.

Motorola Droid, rooted, running Cyanogenmod 6 (stable), overclocked and running strong

If you're running Windows on your PC, use WinZip.

-Mike