rooted droid tried to take the update, stuck on loading screen

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid, that apparently tried to take an update on me overnight. I woke up half asleep and had some message about accepting something and just hit ok for some reason... It shut my phone of and when it restarted it said that it was installing files and all this stuff. Now when it reboots it woulnt go past the white screen that says htc. Someone please tell me how I can fix this.

luannw7

Reaction score
Was it it the ICS update? That happened to me. I had to factory reinstall...

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Yes. How do I do a factory reinstall now?

I can get into the android system recovery

My options are

Reboot system now
usb-ms toggle
backup/restore
flash zip menu
wipe
partition sdcard
mounts
other
format data system cache ext 4| ext3
developer menu
power off

Problem being I never made a backup to restore...

Edit:
I found where the option for a factory reinstall was, it didnt work though, when I chose it I just ended up back on the white screen again.

Last edited:

peepmyswag

Reaction score
trizzypballr said:
I have a rooted droid, that apparently tried to take an update on me overnight. I woke up half asleep and had some message about accepting something and just hit ok for some reason... It shut my phone of and when it restarted it said that it was installing files and all this stuff. Now when it reboots it woulnt go past the white screen that says htc. Someone please tell me how I can fix this.
Problem solved. Hit the link below.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-help/219145-rezound-stuck-white-htc-screen.html

Last edited: