Rooted my verizon s5

drunkclever

Reaction score
Mind you.... im multitasking right now... putting my baby to sleep...

I rooted my s5 via the towel app. Then installed titanium backup pro. I froze a few apps and stuff.

My s5 just started acting up. For instace... it will freeze up after I shut iheartradio or randomly freeze to the point of requiring a battery pull if I press the home button then shut the screen off...

So I was thinking I should restore the frozen apps then check for update and go from there.

I want to make sure I get root back if there is an update and need to know if its ok to just do...

1? Unfreeze apps (keeping root) then restore
2? Unfreeze apps.. some how unroot my s5.. update then reroot?

3? What ever I missed?

rottenpixies

Reaction score
My S5 is the first phone I have felt no urge to root. I want to just because I love the customization/mods/ and roms, but I used to do that to make my phone perform better. This phone performs so amazing and has great battery life out the box, I really haven't been persuaded to root it.

dmt.vegas

Reaction score
Your best bet would be to take it from a Verizon phone and convert it into a global phone. Careful though there are two versions of the verizon galaxy s5. One on T-Mobile one on at&t. One can have the bootloader cracked one can't. But once you go fully custom you can use any sim and shouldn't have to worry about verizon ruining your device. Plus Knox is NSA spyware. It's trash.

forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/development/rd-unlocking-galaxys-s5-bootloader-t3337909

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dmt.vegas

Reaction score
It gets better when rooted believe me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk