Rooting thunderbolt verizon..

ken.snuggs

Reaction score
I am running android ver 2.2.1 i have been waiting for gingerbread both Verizon and HTC have no idea why i don't have it yet.. I have been told to just wait.. I have been waiting for 3 months now. Would like to root but have been reading on different methods.. What is the easiest way to root and get gingerbread... would like to have a step by step as to what to download and install to get GB.

tituswife

Reaction score
You don't need to root. There's a thread here somewhere, with the link to download. I finally used it, about Dec. 24, because Verizon said phone would deteriorate without update. When I find it, I'll be back. It will wipe data, just like a factory reset, so start backing up!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

OP
K

ken.snuggs

Reaction score
gingerbread link

Thanks been looking for it myself with no luck.

bamartin03

Reaction score
Honestly rooting and flashing to a ported gb rom is so much better. I have vicious on my TB and I'm way more happy with it. It made the TB seem like more of an upgrade from the og droid. Here's where I got my how to on rooting http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/459410-htc-thunderbolt-all-things-root-guide.html

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tituswife

Reaction score
"Still no gingerbread" thread, on Dec. 25. Not a long thread, so read the whole thing. I installed .9 update.

OP
K

ken.snuggs

Reaction score
ruu 2.11.605.9

still not completely sure how to install this. have read different ways to do it in the threads.

tituswife

Reaction score
Did you download yet? Are you backed up?

tituswife

Reaction score
I just got GB yesterday

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

What is taking so long for updates to roll out? Both Verizon and HTC thought my phone was broken, and I would need to send to HTC to install. That's when I decided to use the download.

I'm no expert on this. If you read the thread from Dec. 25, you can see that I had to be walked through it. I had help from some kind people.

Also, if you can read instructions on link to see what to do. Downloading does not by itself update your phone.

OP
K

ken.snuggs

Reaction score
downloading file

downloading file 441 mb and backing up app on phone with app brain. should i use another app to back up?

tituswife

Reaction score
downloading file 441 mb and backing up app on phone with app brain. should i use another app to back up?

I like to double back up apps. Also, you can back up contacts to SD card, as well as use Backup Assistant. Also, in settings, under Privacy, you can check backup, and some settings on your phone will be saved. Wallpaper, sound and display settings are some I remember.

tituswife

Reaction score
Another thought. You'll need a file manager, like Astro, to get to the file to rename it.

Any experts out there, please take over!

Hardik14314

Reaction score
Ho friend I want to unlock HTC thunderbolt vwrizon. This phone is gifted to me by my relatives. I m in India now. I have a wi fi connection. How can I unlock it or how can I update android version as sim card not worked here