Samsung Fascinate - Launcher Pro Expired Issue

LEMike09

Reaction score
I let my trial version of Launcher Pro expire and now all my phone does is keep bringing up the browser to launcherpro.com and the website comes up "Forbidden". So basically now all i can do is use the browser or text only if I get an alert from somebody texting me first. How can I fix this?

deeks

Reaction score
I've had this problem too since the trial run out last night, seems to be no way around it other than a hard reset, but my contacts aren't backed up... is there any other way around this?

The funny thing is I had the full version but it glitched out the other day and seemed to of reset itself to the trial!! Never using again.

deeks

Reaction score
Actually, just fixed it. Use the open browser and go to Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos. and go to the apps link, on there scroll through until you find a link to the ADW launcher, on that page there'l be a barcode with a link under it, click it and it will take you straight to the market place where you can either download that launcher or get the update for launcher pro. Both seemed to work fine.

Good luck!

jbdow

Reaction score
wow, that sure sounds like a ripoff to me; the thing hijacks your browser
if you don't buy it, and the only fix is to cover it up with yet another widget?
I think i'm starting to see a trend here...:)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Basically you will be installing ADW over LP and then you can go into settings and remove LP. I think its pretty stupid for LP to hijack your browser like that when the trial expires. It should just revert back to the stock launcher.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App