Samsung Galaxy Nexus Overclock

OP
T

thisiswang

Reaction score
any instructions on how to push the kernal? tried the command in fastboot but it didn't work

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
any instructions on how to push the kernal? tried the command in fastboot but it didn't work

I'm not sure, but if fastboot didn't work, I'd think it was meant to be flashed with CWM. But I would not play around with it unitl I knew exactly what to do.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Read on XDA that they are having a tough time getting past 1.4Ghz safely. no one as of a few days ago could get past 1.5. Just take a while longer I guess.

throwbot

Reaction score
Read on XDA that they are having a tough time getting past 1.4Ghz safely. no one as of a few days ago could get past 1.5. Just take a while longer I guess.

Isn't the chip set rated for 1.5 from the factory? I thought we'd have some stable 1.7's and 1.8's shortly after release (especially after seeing how fast the dev community is moving forward with this bad boy). Hell I figured there'd be a toggle widget by now and everything, but I am a patient man and would rather wait for a stable build. Definitely looking forward to overclocking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Isn't the chip set rated for 1.5 from the factory? I thought we'd have some stable 1.7's and 1.8's shortly after release (especially after seeing how fast the dev community is moving forward with this bad boy). Hell I figured there'd be a toggle widget by now and everything, but I am a patient man and would rather wait for a stable build. Definitely looking forward to overclocking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Its the same chipset thats in rzr and bionic. Dont be fooled by the difference in chipset #. They are all native to 1.2. Not 1.5.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Creed

Reaction score
Its the same chipset thats in rzr and bionic. Dont be fooled by the difference in chipset #. They are all native to 1.2. Not 1.5.

Sort of. The OMAP4460 is a higher-binned chip that can run natively at 1.5GHz with the same voltage as the 4430 can run at 1.2GHz. It is running at 1.2GHz to conserve battery. They are similar but not the same.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Sort of. The OMAP4460 is a higher-binned chip that can run natively at 1.5GHz with the same voltage as the 4430 can run at 1.2GHz. It is running at 1.2GHz to conserve battery. They are similar but not the same.

Lol idk why people argue this. Physically they ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.. gnex chipsets were chosen from the same manufacturers process for thier higher frequencies at lower voltage characteristics. But Thats all in the die process.. just like one i7 processor will oc better than the next.. doesn't mean they are different. ... Exactly the same chipset.

magnus

Reaction score
Lol idk why people argue this. Physically they ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.. gnex chipsets were chosen from the same manufacturers process for thier higher frequencies at lower voltage characteristics. But Thats all in the die process.. just like one i7 processor will oc better than the next.. doesn't mean they are different. ... Exactly the same chipset.

Your statement is true, but then again there IS a difference between the two chipsets.

And that is despite the fact that they were made with the same design and same manufacturing process, they clock higher at the same voltage due to uncontrollable manufacturing differences.....which is pretty much what creed said :) The higher ones are marketed as the 4460, the others as 4430. I wouldn't call them exactly the same chipset if they both aren't capable of doing the same thing

captdroid

Reaction score
The way this works generally speaking is the 4460 should clock higher but not necessarily :) Could be a 4430 might clock higher then a 4460. One never really knows due to variations in manufacturing.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
The way this works generally speaking is the 4460 should clock higher but not necessarily :) Could be a 4430 might clock higher then a 4460. One never really knows due to variations in manufacturing.

+1 exactly my point. Experienced this so many times building rigs. :)