SD Card Issue

dtdlurch

Reaction score
First off, let me say that I LOVE THE LIBERTY ROM! Holy cow. It is truly amazing and everything I had hoped for, and more!

However, I ran into an issue and I have no idea what caused it or what I did. Not even sure if it has to do with Liberty, but it happened after I tried to install a theme.

ISSUE: My SD has been wiped! Or, it appears to have been at least. I was hoping it could be saved, but it isn't looking like it.

All I did was set up Liberty settings to my choosing...though, there were a few settings I admit I wasn't fully confident in my understanding of (zipalign system apps, symlink busybox, sysctl?) Downloaded the Linear theme from the toolbox. My X automatically restarted in Clockwork Recovery to install but said it couldn't find the file. Tried to do so manually, but said there was no sd card. Made sure it was mounted, tried to access again, nothing. Rebooted the phone and once it pulled up, said my SD card needed to be formatted and/or was blank.

Any ideas what happened? If I made a stupid mistake, would like not to do it again! Is there any way my data can be saved? Haven't reformatted the card yet in hopes there might be. Would like to save my pictures I have yet to sync to my computer, if at all possible.

Thanks all.

mcp770

Reaction score
Try taking the card out and reformatting it on a pc or another droid phone. Format it as fat32. I had a similar issue once upon a time and my card was bad. Took it to verizon and they replaced it free of charge. But I would try reformat first.

kdkinc

Reaction score
My $.02 theory on the SD card issues that happen on ANY Rom.
Not letting the Sd card prepare itself properly before attempting unplugging the USB or accesing the SD card.
Always create a backup and transfer it to your PC.
Lesson learned the hard way.

OP
dtdlurch

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Didn't think this was something caused by Liberty, necessarily. Guess I was so excited that I was just changing and installing stuff too fast. The ROM has me all giddy and acting foolishly! Lesson learned!

Thanks for the help.

mcp770

Reaction score
Now I am in the habit of changing the usb to charge only before I disconnect the pc. Hope that prevents a repeat.