SD card issue

GSRacer

When I powered on my phone this morning, my Razr Maxx, it is no longer recognizing my SD card. Everything else is completely normal, except the notification bar saying "preparing SD card- checking for errors" The card reads fine using a laptop, but it not recognized at all by my razr. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas? OS is ICS 6.16.211

Thanks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello, have you tried unmounting the sdcard, then remounting it in your storage settings?

Also, with the sdcard removed, reboot the device, then insert the sdcard

Make sure you don't have corrosion/oxidation on the contacts of the sdcard... if so, use a pencil eraser and gently remove it.

You may need to move all of your files off of your SD card and reinsert the sdcard into the device and reformat the sdcard in the phone...

Hope this helps :)

OP
G

GSRacer

Thanks for the excellent advice, brother. Here is what worked: I removed the SD card from the phone, backed up the contents on my comp, deleted all the data on the SD card, reinserted the SD card into my phone, and it works fine now.

stickman7364

SD card unexpectedly removed?

My brand new RAZR Max HD keeps telling me that the SD card has been unexpectedly removed. Turns out if I push the SD/Sim card door in a bit the card reactivates itself. Seems like mounting door is crap!

SWSF

My brand new RAZR Max HD keeps telling me that the SD card has been unexpectedly removed. Turns out if I push the SD/Sim card door in a bit the card reactivates itself. Seems like mounting door is crap!

You need to push the SD card in until it clicks and is held in place. If you push the door and the card reactivates itself, you are using the door's spring to hold the SD card in place and it will move and become unstable. The door should fit flush with the side and not feel springy.

stickman7364

You nailed it :)

Thanks SWSF! Guess if I'd read the user manual I would have known the backside of the tool that opens door is built to push SD card into placetill it clicks. My bad...thanks again.