SD Card / Restoration Issues..

Librarat

Reaction score
I have upgraded from a Droid 2 running Liberty Gingerbread to a D3. Now, I know the D3 mounts the SD card in a different location, but this is making it problematic for me to restore data - like my text messages and LauncherPro settings...

Is there a way around this / how can I resolve this? Root the phone and force the SD card to mount where it used to? There must be an easier way...

OP
Librarat

Librarat

Reaction score
Symlink it maybe? Idfk.. This is horribly obnoxious. And the blur... omg the blur *guninmouth* But that's what steeldroid (et al) are for :D

OP
Librarat

Librarat

Reaction score
I should add that card mounts and unmounts just fine, and I can save/edit/see data on the card, eg: I can take a video and it saves just fine. When I open up LauncherPro and try to restore from a backup, I get an error saying that the SD card is not available. Ditto with using SMSBackup and Restore - it's just looking in the wrong place... I know I can't be the only one with these issues...

OP
Librarat

Librarat

Reaction score
Making Progress...
Code:
Internal Storage Mount Path: 
/mnt/sdcard

Code:
SD Card Mount Path: 
/mnt/sdcard-ext

I say bull****. BUT! I should have guessed. This just means I'll have to **** around and move **** back and forth manually. Woo...