Set default apps?

debolt

How do I set a default dialer/sms? It used to give me the option on startup but not anymore. I have no default programs for these and want to set it. I have looked, tried things including downloading things to help, all failing. What do I do?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

J

JriderG

You go to settings then applications I believe. Somewhere in there you can change the default settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

debolt

I shall try and look again. Thank you for your reply.

OP
D

debolt

Can't figure it out. I can close and delete them but not set default.

OP
D

debolt

It would help to know what app is launching and the name of the app you prefer to launch.

I want to change the default dialer to rocketpro and the sms to handcent and maybe the browser to dolphin hd.

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All

Find both stock app and the replace app and look under Launch by Default. Hit the Clear Defaults button. If all are grayed out then you'll have to uninstall the replacement app and install it fresh. Some of these apps in there own settings (Ex Dolphin) have settings you have to set in order to make it default.

OP
D

debolt

Doesn't work. I deleted the default as well after it didn't work and that didn't help either.

chrstdvd

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All

Find both stock app and the replace app and look under Launch by Default. Hit the Clear Defaults button. If all are grayed out then you'll have to uninstall the replacement app and install it fresh. Some of these apps in there own settings (Ex Dolphin) have settings you have to set in order to make it default.

Thanks, I was going nuts having both messaging apps give me notifications for the same incoming texts. I had the setting in Handcent set wrong, I chose "both sms and mms" and now I only get one notification and it is from Handcent.