SIM card not recognized

mgorham

Reaction score
Got a notification on the lower half of my phone's screen 'saying no sim card available'. I still had access to my house's wifi signal and could use my apps/get online/etc., but wasn't able to make or received calls or texts.

I tried reinserting the card, powering down, begging, but nothing worked. Finally, on a recommendation made by my wonderful husband, I factory reset my phone and now can't get anything because I'm stuck on a screen the says I need a sim card to us the phone.

I'm not due for an upgrade for forever and a day so, does anyone know if there's an easy fix to this....or a fix that's not going to cost a ton of money?

Thanks in advance!

huskur

Reaction score
Got a notification on the lower half of my phone's screen 'saying no sim card available'. I still had access to my house's wifi signal and could use my apps/get online/etc., but wasn't able to make or received calls or texts.

I tried reinserting the card, powering down, begging, but nothing worked. Finally, on a recommendation made by my wonderful husband, I factory reset my phone and now can't get anything because I'm stuck on a screen the says I need a sim card to us the phone.

I'm not due for an upgrade for forever and a day so, does anyone know if there's an easy fix to this....or a fix that's not going to cost a ton of money?

Thanks in advance!

Go to a local Verizon Wireless store and they will give you a new SIM. Rarely does a SIM go bad but it does happen. FYI---they are free from Verizon