SLOOOOOOOOW Phone

ragre

Reaction score
Droid X, 2.2

I recently had my phone just start lagging big time. I started first with a youtube video where the audio and video were way out of sync. Later in the day I checked some college football scores and had no problems, Then last night I fooled with that double twist airsync app, got that going and was still working fine. The the only thing I did that I can think would have fouled anything up was I had my phone plugged into the cpu via USB to delete some music files and I deleted some .sqlite3
files from my computer to make the airsync work, I saw some .sqlite3 files on the phone when I had it plugged into the computer with the USB so I deleted them off the phone as well. I went ahead and removed double twist from the phone in an effort to see if that would solve any issues, it did not. I checked the "running services" and saw nothing in there that jumped out at me. The symptoms are, very slow responce to dragging between home pages, very slow delayed reaction to touching items to select them, very slow startup of applications and programs, Its almost like there is too much going on and it cant keep up. I did soft restarts, pulled battery, left it off all night, everything except a hard restart which by the way would not work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

HelpeRX

Reaction score

Okay I have a suggestion first did you when syncing via usb on computer make sure you did not use pc mode because that will make it slower. Check if usb debugging is unchecked also. Next if all fails even the reset this is what I would do turn off your phone. Press home buton first on DX then hold power button and hold together until the M logo or whatever logo you put comes up. Then once it does release the power button and just hold the home button and release it. A green android icon on the center of the screen will appear and then press the search button. Using the volume key scroll to wipe data/cache and press the camera button. Scroll down to yes and press the camera button. Press back button and go to reboot. Should fix it! Also back everything up on sd card and you will be fine google remembers like all your setting regardless even your wallpaper and all the apps. Dont worry it even remebers all your wifi networks. Google truly is a genius!

jocahontas

Reaction score
Was having same youtube problem this part week but it is working now. Also have been having slow choppy problems this week as well. Like I would press an icon and nothing would happen for about 10 seconds then the phone would catch up with itself.

The worst problem I had was the other night I could not unlock the phone. It seemed as though it was completely turned off although I could see a faint blue flicker in the blinking light part. I removed the battery and put it back in and then it worked again. Then a few hours later the same problem occurred. This time removing the battery did not fix it on the 1st attempt but it did on the 2nd attempt.

Yesterday and today everything seem back to normal now. I am keeping fingers crossed that all goes well.

OP
R

ragre

Reaction score
I called verizon and they had me do a reset on the phone, only problem is I live right on the edge of the coverage area so I neeed to take a 20 min trip up the road to re- activate the phone. I will post up with the results. Thanks for the reply, if the reset doesnt work I will give it a shot and post results also.

jocahontas

Reaction score
I am thinking the youtube things is a youtube app problem but may be wrong.

When you did the reset did you lose everything (settings, downloaded apps, etc...)?

OP
R

ragre

Reaction score
wellthe reset did the trick. too bad I had to set the phone up all over again but hey... I did lose everything that was not on the SD card, Apps, Settings ETC. I would highly reccomend saving stuff on the SD card if you can or backing up the SD card files on your computer. Me personally I am not too worried about it. I just made a list and re-downloaded them. The only thing I am bummed about so far is I dont know if my callendar was backed up or not because none of my stuff is on the callendar anymore but I think its on my google account on the computer and I just need to sync. I just have not got to it yet, still working on the phone. I did find out a lot of good stuff from this incident though as far as settings, widgets, and maintenance, stuff that will help in the future if I have another problems and stuff to help prevent it from happenening, I am a complete novice with this stuff so I am happy and thankfull for the resonces I recieved, THANKS!