Smartphone mount... Xtreme S.A.M.

mazterovdizaster

Reaction score
My poor droid. The thingz I put it through!! haha!! I made a mount that originally was goin to hold the droid to anythin I'd like to video. I'm big into huntin and all sortz of outdoor stuff. There weren't any mountz out there to hold it securely enough to handle wut I wuz gonna put that poor joker through... so I made my own! After tinkerin with all sortz of material and different wayz of mountin my droid i finally came up with something i wuz happy with. So the Xtreme S.A.M. wuz born. S.A.M. stands for Smartphone Adventure Mount. My buddiez had the droid x and another had the iPhone 4 so they wanted to make it work for all of them. So I did or it would have been droid somethin I guess. Anyway, I made the mount to go on any & all camera/camcorder mountz on the market. It has the 1/4-20 threaded hole on the bottom so you can attach it to tripodz, headrest mountz in carz, gun camera mountz, bow camera mountz, motorcycle gas tank camera mountz... the possibilitiez are endless. I've tested it with as many camera/camcorder mountz i could possibly put my handz on, and my droid has taken it all!! Super light and rigid. Can handle anythin i've thrown at it or thrown with it!!
Here are some pix of it...

View attachment 31136
Mounted on a CruiseCam headrest mount...
View attachment 31131

Mounted on my bow..
View attachment 31133

Mounted to a Mossberg 500...
View attachment 31134

Mounted to a Remington 1187
View attachment 31135

I've got a ton of video on youtube testin it on all these and more. Let me know wut ya'll think! I'm just now starting to build them a few at a time. You can see more at www.forHuntersbyHunters.com like video'z and more pix. Very interested in wut ya'll think and have to say. Let me hear it!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nice, You put a lot of thought into that.

OP
mazterovdizaster

mazterovdizaster

Reaction score
Thankz! I made so many different prototypez tryin to get it to where it could handle everything i put it threw. Once I got it figured out that the 1/4-20 threaded hole wuz the way to go then the next issue wuz weight. The last prototype before the final product wuz HEEEAAAAVVVYYYY! But the guyz at the machine shop had the equipment to laser cut it and skeletonize em so here we are! Only 2.350oz!!

javaman70

Reaction score
Nice work ..... also your link says blogger not found.

Sent from Droid Running Liquid's LGB 1.52

javaman70

Reaction score
That one works ... nice setup.

Sent from Droid Running Liquid's LGB 1.52

OP
mazterovdizaster

mazterovdizaster

Reaction score
Thankz!! We're actually gettin some camo dipped for huntin applicationz and some anodized for other applicationz!!

NickStevens

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Apple Iphone 5
That one performs ... awesome work.