SMS text messages right justified

ashobe

Reaction score
Anyone noticed this? Before in GB, text messages looked normal (left justified) now after ICS, all of my outgoing text messages are right justified and don't look right. I checked my friends ICS on his RAZRMAX and it is the same for him too.

Any suggestions

GigaJake

Reaction score
There's no way to change that in the stock messaging app as far as I know. Try using an alternative messaging app, Go sms for example. Those can be customized more...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

jtparr

Reaction score
Right-justified text messages with ICS

Anyone noticed this? Before in GB, text messages looked normal (left justified) now after ICS, all of my outgoing text messages are right justified and don't look right. I checked my friends ICS on his RAZRMAX and it is the same for him too.

Any suggestions
I too have been experiencing the same problem. All was fine until I update to ICS. Now the messages appear as left-justified while being typed, but immediately change to right-justified as soon as they are sent. I admit that I don't know how they appear on the recipient's screen - I don't know anyone else with a RAZRMAX running ICS. All of my incoming messages do appear as left-justified text. No big problem obviously but I would appreciate a fix if anyone is aware of one.

NeXtras

Reaction score
I don't believe this is a problem, or a glitch.. i believe its Google's attempt to make it more distinguishable as to what message is yours and what message was sent to you.. if you notice the color box has a small "arrow" persay.. your sent messages point to your icon on the right, and received point to the left, hence left and right justification with the text

reybie

Reaction score
I agree with the ^^^ post, it makes it easier to distinguish your text vs the receipient, but they could have made that an option for those who don't like it. :blink:

211SSW

Reaction score
I'm glad to find that this annoys some other than me. Having it planned that way so an arrow will tell me whether I got it or sent it is just lame.
Any other option?
Editing - not perfectly entered but I'm in post-surgical, orthopaedic rehab & PT came for me earlier than expected so I did best possible under circumstances. I'm just glad to find anything addressing this topic that is driving me crazy. I've made numbered lists of things I've needed to be brought from home but once I "send" all order seems pointless. It didn't occur to me to check the recipient's phone but I'll add that to my agenda. If it arrives in OK shape, I'll cease complaining. Thanks for starting thread! My search has come up empty until this answer.

Last edited:

UKmotofan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X Force
Twitter
Peter Shram
I've noticed it too. I found this forum whilst looking for a solution

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've noticed it too. I found this forum whilst looking for a solution
Welcome to the Forum. Are you using a Droid 4, or a newer phone? I'm not sure there is a "solution" using the stock Moto text apps, I believe they are all designed to right-justify the outbound messages. The only other option that I am aware of is looking for other texting apps on the Play Store that might have this as an On / Off option in the app's Settings.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

UKmotofan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X Force
Twitter
Peter Shram
Welcome to the Forum. Are you using a Droid 4, or a newer phone? I'm not sure there is a "solution" using the stock Moto text apps, I believe they are all designed to right-justify the outbound messages. The only other option that I am aware of is looking for other texting apps on the Play Store that might have this as an On / Off option in the app's Settings.

Sent from my XT1650 using

Tapatalk

Mind is a Moto X Force. It's new but still running Android 5

UKmotofan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X Force
Twitter
Peter Shram
I mean mine, doh!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mind is a Moto X Force. It's new but still running Android 5
Excellent phone, basically the same as the Droid Turbo 2 in the US. I believe it uses the Google Messages app as the stock texting app (same as my Turbo 2 and my current Z Force) and that's how Google designed the app, no option to change it that I am aware of.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

UKmotofan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X Force
Twitter
Peter Shram
I took the phone out of my pocket this morning and noticed how much the battery had drained. I flipped it over and saw the flashlight (or torch, as we English call it) was on. Not sure how long it had been on though.