Solid Red Light that won't go away

acedog17

Reaction score
There is a solid red light in the upper right hand corner of my phone and I do not know how to get rid of it! Please help this is driving me nuts.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
There is a solid red light in the upper right hand corner of my phone and I do not know how to get rid of it! Please help this is driving me nuts.

Can you describe what you have done so far? This will give the Droid forum an idea how to best help you.

OP
A

acedog17

Reaction score
I've charged it to 100%. I've checked my text messages, e-mails, phonecalls, and voicemails because I thought it was trying to notify me that I maybe missed something but it still did not go away. I've turned my phone off, but that light is still on even when my phone is off. I don't know what else to do.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Ok good. When you turned off your phone, did you pull the battery?

Next, try powering off and pull battery for 30 seconds. Then place back in and boot up.

If that does not work. Try pulling the battery when the phone is at the home screen.

Purhaps one of these will work.

OP
A

acedog17

Reaction score
I tried the pulling battery tactic, but still this red light is there!!! AND now my phone's keyboard and the home buttons are randomly lighting up at intervals of about 3-5 seconds! By the way I just got this phone shipped to me yesterday from Verizon. I'm about to turn my phone off again and pull the battery.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
At this point take it to Vz corp store and see if they can help. To me it sounds like a hardware issue. But they could do a complete hard reset of the phone to see if that fixes it. If not they will replace it.

OP
A

acedog17

Reaction score
Alrighty. Thanks for helping out though, really appreciate it... and yeah I'm even googling this stuff and I'm coming up with nothing :/. Maybe I'm the lucky first one? haha. But I got the flashing to stop after I rebooted, now it's just that old red light....

OSX2000

Reaction score
So the red light was still on when you pulled the battery? Or did it come back on when you put the battery back?

I think your phone is haunted.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Ok sorry I could not help you with this.

I am thinking now maybe Vz can re-install the FRG22D OTA they are pushing now to the Droid 1's.

OP
A

acedog17

Reaction score
Haha oh no, the red light only goes away when I take the battery out. It comes back right when I put the battery pack back in. I would cry in fear if the red light never went away.

buellwinkle

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for sending that phone back to Verizon Wireless because now they gave it to me as a replacement phone, same red light that won't shut off. So they are sending me a new one tomorrow but please understand how Verizon Wireless works, I know, I worked for them for 6 years. They take your old phone that's broke, they put it through a 100 step process of cleaning it, then they ship your broken phone as a replacement for someone elses broken phone. You see, they only have a few phones, so they have to turn them around pretty quick. They dont have time to test the phone for permanent red lights and other defects, that would not be effecient. All the while they have you on the phone they go, why don't you pick out a new phone and sign another 2 yr committment and pay another $250 with taxes and such. Makes sense to me, NOT!

So if the red light is on and can't turn it off, send the phone back, it's not right.