[Solved]Formating sd card

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is how I do it now. Just looking for a better way.

Here's one suggestion I read on another forum. Eject your current SD Card and insert a different blank SD card and the phone will index it. Then, eject that card and re-insert the card you are using now. That will force the phone to re-index it also. Then, when connected to a PC there are new options in the Notification area. By default, charge only is selected; make sure you select the option for File Transfer. Maybe that will help.

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
I swapped wifes sd card into mine and then back again. Now I can see it thanks Sajokaz

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool, good to hear that. I am on the road for a business trip and don't have a spare card, but have some in old cameras when I get home.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did that also fix the SD Card name when you connect to your laptop? Right now, my laptop shows my SD Card name as M_$_4_4_$MM_---M^4.....or some nonsense like that.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Original card did not look like that. The card I swapped in temporarily showed up like that. When I swapped back, it was OK.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Original card did not look like that. The card I swapped in temporarily showed up like that. When I swapped back, it was OK.

Thanks Pere! When I get home Saturday I will try the same with my phone and hopefully will be able to see the card from my laptop again, and maybe not have a 24 character weird SD card name.

I edited to thread's title to show solved, until we can get that button fixed.

Nice work @sajokaz, thanks for the help

No problem. Glad to hear it worked good for Pere.

Reactions: CJM

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I finally had time to do the same to my phone / SD Card, and it worked for me also. I can now see my SD Card when my phone is connected to my laptop...and I can now see all of my musics album art in the Play Music app. That was bugging me, always looking at blank album art. My SD Card still appears as M'"%$#&M$#&:M''''''''M or some other nonsense on my computer screen, but I can live with that. Now it's time to check the wife's phone.