Some Apps Wont Install

brbheels

Reaction score
I have 33 apps in Titanium Backup that will not install. I've tried downloading both K-9 email and Handcent directly from the market and they still fail. I haven't tried any more that won't install from TB. I get an error message -18. Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried rebooting and reinstalling, but it doesn't help. Other than this issue, I LOVE this ROM!

techRob

Reaction score
For what its worth, I didn't have any problems with handcent; I installed from the market than "restored" the data only thru Titanium backup.... did you do a data / cache wipe when u installed Sourcery?

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

kndchaos

Reaction score
Re-do everything such as downloading rom again and installing on your phone. It happened to me once but it was fine after. Just make sure you wipe date/cache 3 times for safety. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
reinstall titanium and make sure SU has it listed as being allowed. its su permission.

listenman20

Reaction score
did you check the setting for allowing install form non-market apps?

OP
brbheels

brbheels

Reaction score
I downloaded 1.1, wiped, reinstalled TB and the issue is the same. TB is listed in SU and non-market apps allowed is checked. What I really don't get is why I can't download these straight from the market anymore. they download but then the installation fails. so far I've tried the following apps to no avail: handcent, K-9 email and Better terminal emulator. All of them download and then fail. When I run the batch in TB, it says it finishes, but then none of the apps actually get installed.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use handcent and have installed from market ok.
I then restored its data using titanium.
I just walked friend through install and we did straight restore of handcent through titanium and it worked.

when you restored apps did you use app and system data batch or just user apps in titanium?

OP
brbheels

brbheels

Reaction score
I've tried both. I've tried restoring using batch and individually. both end up failing. the apps download from the market and then fail on installation. I've tried each 4 or 5 times now from the market.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not talking batch or individual, in titanium batch settings there is (1) restore missing apps with data as well as (2) restore missing apps + all system data.
if you used the second one you might have introduced previous rom files into the mix.

listenman20

Reaction score
another thing to look at is where are they installing to? do you have enough room to install them to the phone or do you need to install them to card?

OP
brbheels

brbheels

Reaction score
I only used the first one. Even before touching TB the apps fail to load from the market. The market doesn't even show them in my list of downloads. I'm going to revert back to my last nandroid, rerun a backup in TB and then start over.