Special Settings on Un-rooted Droid 4

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
After 4+ years in the Blackberry World (Curve followed by Storm/2), I'm finding some setups on my D4 to be difficult. Here are two:

(1) I want my wife to be able to call me from her cell phone, but all other notifications silent, including incoming Email, text messages, Twitter, etc.

(2) I want to use the D4 as an alarm clock whilst it is charging ... and I want ALL notifications to be silent, including all phone calls, incoming Email, text, Twitter, etc.

Any thoughts? I don't want to "root" the D4 ...

Thanks!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You don't need to root to do any of that.

Each application has its own settings...so either disable notifications or set the "ringtone" for that app to be silent.

You can also download a few apps, Timeriffic is one I like, to silence notifications during certain times but allow the phone "ring" to sound.

The main menu/settings/sound is a global setting and is used as default for the apps (email, twitter, etc..) but each app allows you to configure its notification aspects (vibrate, ringtone, etc..).

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Can you silence all phone rings except the one I want to ring, should she (wife) call?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Easiest method....make the system's default ringtone "silent" (menu/settings/sound/ringtone/ choose silent).

Open your contacts and chose your wife, hit menu, choose the "options" and select a ringtone for her.

All your contacts will use the default ringtone of "silent" and only your wife's contact will ring with whatever specific ringtone you associated with it.

slikno420

Reaction score
The alarm clock is an easy one, plug your phone in. Turn ringer off, then go to settings/sounds/volume then move your alarm volume to your choice. Also check that in the alarm clock setting itself the setting for silent alarm is off.

ShaggySpy

Reaction score
Smartactions are a great feature for everything you asked. They have a "Vip" ring feature which allows any one you select to ring thru no matter even if the phone is on silent or vibrate. You Choose. Good Luck, and you will love the smart feature once you use it.

Sent from my DROID4.