Sprint Posts First Annual Profit in 9 Years

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-logo-outside-sign.jpg

Sprint released their most recent financial report, and it's mostly good news for the Now Network. The biggest take away from their report is that they posted their first annual profit in 9 years! Sprint’s operating income grew 36% when comparing 2015 to 2014.

Another surprise is that Sprint actually out-performed AT&T and Verizon in postpaid additions in the fourth quarter of 2015, with Sprint adding 447,000 postpaid customers. This brought Sprint's yearly total up to 1.2 million, which is also the third consecutive quarter of positive postpaid additions.

It will be interesting to see if Sprint can keep this momentum going. T-Mobile is a competitive force to be reckoned with in the US mobile carrier market at the moment. Plus, if AT&T and Verizon seriously decided to start getting more competitive, it would be tough for Sprint to keep these trends.

Source: Sprint

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Death by paper cuts to the giants if they continue to ignore Sprint and laugh at T-Mobile. Verizon is starting to pick at them in their ads but they assume (by the ads they're putting out there) all costumers want nation wide coverage when the true average customer wants excellent signal only near their home ,work, and the areas in between them . Dude says "great in Kansas City but not so much everywhere else". Kansas City users want a great reception in Kansas City and most don't care if it's great in New Jersey, Florida or Montana.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Death by paper cuts to the giants if they continue to ignore Sprint and laugh at T-Mobile. Verizon is starting to pick at them in their ads but they assume (by the ads they're putting out there) all costumers want nation wide coverage when the true average customer wants excellent signal only near their home ,work, and the areas in between them . Dude says "great in Kansas City but not so much everywhere else". Kansas City users want a great reception in Kansas City and most don't care if it's great in New Jersey, Florida or Montana.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
And not pay $100 per month.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
We had TMobile but were paying out over $200 a month for 3 lines, 2GB data plans each (<3 and miss Uncarrier streaming perks) and 2 device payment plans. Wife lost her job and we had to make some cuts so we moved to Sprint and got the half off previous package deal. My wife, daughter and myself got LG G4s (payments), 2GB data plans all for $86 a month. Service is just fine too where we live. Only found one dead spot for data but its out in the middle of no where and voice still works fine. It did help that sprint did pay off our phones and we got $200 for each phone we traded in. But hey, it wasn't hard and it was advertised. I'm happy paying what I am for cell service now.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And not pay $100 per month.
When I left Verizon I was paying $200 a month for 3 lines and only 1 of them had a data plan.
Tracphone is promoting a plan now for the "seldom use" users, which is still a vastly untapped market. Plans start at $20 every 90 days and rollover data doesn't expire at the end of the following month like my AT&T does. My mother in law lives by herself and could use a cellphone but refuses to pay the cost the big carriers charge for if she breaks down or some other once in a long while need.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

boidsonly

Reaction score
Good for Sprint-the industry needs some pricing competition. Thanks to Sprint and T-MO, VZW and ATT have been taking a stockholder share beating. Look for more deals from the latter as they bleed away customers. I moved to T-Mo and 4 Unlimited everything for $180/mo. I paid that for 2 lines, one of which was UDP on VZW.
Good to see this and lower priced flagship phones headed our way...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well maybe... just maybe if their CEO wasn't paid so much... and not clueless about things, would work out better for them. Their LTE Plus roll-out has been lackluster at best. I'm glad that their pricing structure is nice at least, and i get semi-unlimited data/speed.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you guys know that each of the big 4 carriers have budget sub carriers? Where you pay fraction of the big brother cost but also no lte speed, but you have the same coverage as the major network. Just FYI ;)

There are also free cell phone services like ring plus that give you 4k txt/minutes/Mb a month for FREE! of course they use sprint network so coverage is not great.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Another surprise is that Sprint actually out-performed AT&T and Verizon in postpaid additions in the fourth quarter of 2015, with Sprint adding 447,000 postpaid customers. This brought Sprint's yearly total up to 1.2 million, which is also the third consecutive quarter of positive postpaid additions

How many of those 447,000 people deactivated once they realized their network is subpar lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6