Stable / fast 32 GB microSD?

efexay

Reaction score
Any suggestions or links to a known good that stable and works well with D2 / R2Droid2 (good price too :) ?

Thanks.

davagain

Reaction score
I just installed a SanDisk 32gb class 4 microsdhc for my droid 2. It cost under $60 on ebay. I'm not sure yet how good it is. My 8gb card was almost full. I copied the contents of the old card to my computer and now I'm trying to copy the contents to my new 32gb card. Even though I am preserving the identical file structure, I am having reliability problems. I have not yet been unable to re-copy all my data to the new card. The card periodically drops off line and when it comes back, some of the data I have already copied is gone. Anybody else have experience with a 32gb card?

davagain

Reaction score
post update

I spoke to the person I bought the sd card from. It turns out the problems I had been having are due to the card being a fake 32gb card - its really 8gb marked as a 32gb. The person who sold it to me was taken in, too. Oh well, the search continues.

Reaction score
It's my understanding that even legit cards can have/cause issues, the phones just don't like 32GB cards, even though they're "compatible"

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what can I do to reduce the amount of memory I am using then? Would be nice if these D2's supported more than one card being that it looks like we have more than one slot.

Pyzon

Reaction score
Beware of all cards priced abnormally cheap, especially on Ebay. The hassle of returning a bogus card makes the $30 you saved seem sorta small, and if the seller is bogus, returning may be impossible. It is a huge problem right now.

The Sandisk class 4 32 Gb card works just fine for me.

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
Seems none of the class 10 cards are very stable with android phones, which is a shame because they should be almost as fast as the internal flash.