Strength in numbers--lets rock the boat!

pattyk999

Strength in numbers

I've actually been thinking that this has been a marketing ploy all along. I bought the Thunderbolt on day one of its' release and lo and behold, they already had extended batteries for sale right next to the phones. How conveeenient! I wrote a letter to Verizon asking for a free extended battery laying out all the known reasons. They replied with gee sorry, no. but let me give you some tips (like press the button on top and turn off the screen when done using it)! LOLOLOLOL The remainder of the response was explaining their new portable battery charger, and why they thought I should invest in one!!!!! Really??? Hello?? It's not the appropriate time for bait and switch. I'm already a pissed off customer complaining of having to buy another piece of equipment. How stupid can you get!? Does anyone else feel that there may be a case against Verizon for poor marketing practices? Although it may be futile, I wonder if it would be worth contacting the BBB or the PUC? The words "Extended Battery" connote an extension beyond average time to me. This phone has always been substandard in that it has never performed at an average level (with regard to battery life). I had no idea I was buying "down" from my original Droid. I literally cannot rely on my phone for being "live" when I need it. I want to spend as much time as I choose on my new phone (which is otherwise fabulous) but instead I'm learning how to manage it/conserve it. I don't like spending so much time thinking about whether or not I've configured my phone correctly, i.e., I leave my car, I need to remember to turn off bluetooth. I return to car, need to remember to turn bluetooth on, and so many others. Sorry for the long rant. Maybe I'm a bit frustrated with the situation.:icon_evil:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have yet to see the need for a extended battery..Heavy user in a LTE area and 12-14 hrs from the stock battery.

pc747

Rescue Squad
THe new update tbolt users will get will fix the battery drain issues show expect better battery life. As far as them "giving" you an extended battery I see that not happening. Some people dont want the extrat bulk. Now they gave me a discount on it and they will prob do the same for you.

OP
P

pattyk999

Hooray! when is the update scheduled.do you know timeframe? Also, no discount from Verizon at all. Just handy tips!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Hooray! when is the update scheduled.do you know timeframe? Also, no discount from Verizon at all. Just handy tips!

Not sure the time frame I am rooted so I am running the leaked version of it. The handoff between lte and 3g will be much better (one of the biggest battery drain issues).

yniloc

I tried calling 611 and they offered me 25 percent off. What number are you all calling to get 50?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
If you were referring to me I did not say anything about 50% off, I basically got it for the price on a normal battery.

Not sure the time frame I am rooted so I am running the leaked version of it. The handoff between lte and 3g will be much better (one of the biggest battery drain issues).

you can also update to the new firmware without being rooted as I did.... and I didn't see that much of an improvement in battery life... infact the only time i get better battery life is turn of 4G completely all day and just can't make myself do that on a regular basis.. I do have the extended battery which i got for 25% off because of my corporate discount, and it lasts all day but that is kinda what i expected out of the regular battery... so what I (as a life long moto user) had always heard HTC's just have horrible battery life in general... but other than that i like that phone and I wanted to make sure i kept my unlimited data with 4G included but i feel pretty sure that when the first Moto 4G phone comes out there will be at least one HTC thunderbolt for sale:)

IanG

You do know that Verizon doesn't make the phone, right? HTC is the manufacturer of the phone. That's like screaming at Best Buy because your new Hewlett Packard (HP) computer's battery life is only 2 hours and not 4, when HP makes the computer.

Either way, it's not a conspiracy or anything like that - it is the first phone with LTE technology, so it might have bugs/imperfections/etc.