Stuck on M logo after root

blackfrontier

Reaction score
I rooted my phone last night. Everything went well with no known issues. Tonight, since i finally had a couple of minutes, I used ROM manager to download the lastest Liquid Gingerbread 1.8 and tried to install it. I used ROM manager to install it as well through clockwordmod. It asked if I wanted to wipe three different things, I chose to wipe the delvik cache, and data/cache(can't remember off hand what the second one I chose was. It started to load the new ROM in the rocovery mode and then it said complete. In the past on other phones, it would automatically reboot after installing anew ROM. But this time it didn't. So I used the menu and told it to reboot. Then I got stuck on the M logo. I pulled the battery and tried again. Still stuck. I went back into recovery mode (X+Power button), and tried to load the backup I created with ROM manager. Said the file was empty. SO I tried to reload the LGB 1.8, same thing as noted above. I'm not real sure what to do at this point. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You will probably have to .sbf back to stock using rdslite and then reroot. What model phone do you have?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wipe davlik cache its in advanced in clockwork. That should fix it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

blackfrontier

Reaction score
sorry about that...its the orginal droid...I may be having some luck, in recovery mode, I selected nandroid, and selected the file/backup I created yesterday, and said yes to restore, and it appears it may be working. I don't understand why though(if this does work) why the other route I tried to take said this file was empty.

I apologize for starting this thread. I started panicing as I have been trying to figure this out for the last hour and a half now.

EDIT: THanks guys for the responses and I apologize for jumping the gun on this. Phone has been restored and I will take a better/safer route other than using ROM manager to flash ROMs.

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
sorry about that...its the orginal droid...I may be having some luck, in recovery mode, I selected nandroid, and selected the file/backup I created yesterday, and said yes to restore, and it appears it may be working. I don't understand why though(if this does work) why the other route I tried to take said this file was empty.

I apologize for starting this thread. I started panicing as I have been trying to figure this out for the last hour and a half now.

EDIT: THanks guys for the responses and I apologize for jumping the gun on this. Phone has been restored and I will take a better/safer route other than using ROM manager to flash ROMs.

I'm glad to help. And I know how you feel. Anytime I put a different/new ROM on my phone my gut tightens/sinks all the way through the bootup process (or lack of).