Stupid Question? Moving S4 from GSM to CDMA carriers

jgiddens

Hello,

I know the S4 will support all the US carriers in all of their bandwidth ranges and formats (GSM, CDMA, Etc.) The question I have is if the radios for all of these bands are in the phone at the same time. If so, do we know if a rooted phone could be moved between a GSM carrier and a CDMA carrier? Real world example: If I buy the S4 on T-mobile (GSM) i know i can seamlessly move it to ATT if I want, but what if I want to go to Verizon. Is this a foolish question?

Thanks.

bjorn65

I believe the Verizon and T-mobile phone both support Aws lte which is frequency 4 and 17. The verizon and sprint one supports cdma but once again on different frequency. The Korean one support cdma, gsm, and 5 lte frequency band, I am not sure if any are the At&t, T-mobile, Sprint or verizon bands. The iPhone 5 on Verizon is the most global phone supporting cdma, gsm, hspa+, and lte on 5 bands. However it does not support the at&t lte band. Only At&t iphone works on Canadian lte, but does not support European or japanese like the Verizon one does.

jcoppola33

I believe the Verizon and T-mobile phone both support Aws lte which is frequency 4 and 17. The verizon and sprint one supports cdma but once again on different frequency. The Korean one support cdma, gsm, and 5 lte frequency band, I am not sure if any are the At&t, T-mobile, Sprint or verizon bands. The iPhone 5 on Verizon is the most global phone supporting cdma, gsm, hspa+, and lte on 5 bands. However it does not support the at&t lte band. Only At&t iphone works on Canadian lte, but does not support European or japanese like the Verizon one does.

To sum it all up, carriers dont like your phone to work on another. The verizon iphone 5 will work on at&t along with the droid DNA but not with LTE. The gs4 should work seemlessly between at&t and T-Mobile but has to be unlocked and im not sure about LTE. At&t unlocks phones if you ask.