Super simple Fission questions from a Fission and ROM n00b

jjdavola

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I just rooted my D2G yesterday. :icon_ banana: I also did a Bootstrap backup, did a Titanium apk and data backup and even froze some of the bloatware. Now I'm thinking of getting a ROM and I believe Fission is the best and one of the few options for the D2G.

My n00b questions are:

1) Will Fission have any affect on Exchange? FYI its a firm phone and my Outlook e-mail and calendars are critical.
2) Which version should I get?
3) What are the real benefits to it and what should I expect besides no bloatware? (e.g., will I need to reinstall a bunch of apps, will LauncherPro play nice with it, etc.?
4) Are there any other good ROMs to consider with the D2G?

Thank you!!

Fission

JJ- I just rooted & romed my D2G with 2.4.3. So far no major problems. I am not expert enough to give you good advice other than sharing my experiences. Not knowing what I was doing, it took about 15 minutes to root with z4root, but took about 4 days to get the rom working. This was because I was unsure about what I was doing, but I finally did figure it out.

I did have to reinstall many apps, and had to go back through my settings. You are pretty much starting over with it. I downloaded an app freezer app and used it. Works great- those silly ones never show up now. I have read several times on these forums not to remove them, it prevents updates to your phone. Can't tell you about you about your email and such.

I do know that my wife does IT for 350 people. The company just gave about 15 of them D2- not global. She had a hard time finding a way to get their in-house mail server to sync with the phones, but finally found a way to make it happen.

Good luck!

JJ- I just rooted & romed my D2G with 2.4.3. So far no major problems. I am not expert enough to give you good advice other than sharing my experiences. Not knowing what I was doing, it took about 15 minutes to root with z4root, but took about 4 days to get the rom working. This was because I was unsure about what I was doing, but I finally did figure it out.

I did have to reinstall many apps, and had to go back through my settings. You are pretty much starting over with it. I downloaded an app freezer app and used it. Works great- those silly ones never show up now. I have read several times on these forums not to remove them, it prevents updates to your phone. Can't tell you about you about your email and such.

I do know that my wife does IT for 350 people. The company just gave about 15 of them D2- not global. She had a hard time finding a way to get their in-house mail server to sync with the phones, but finally found a way to make it happen.

Good luck!

Thank you!! I appreciate it.

Back