transferring data to new replacement phone...

Orionalias

Reaction score
how do i do this? contacts and pics are no biggie, my google account has me covered there. and appbrain has my list of apps saved, so no prob there too. but what about

-game data?
-"locked" texts (which is the only way i know how to save special ones unless anyone has a better way)? bookmarks?
-anything else i might be forgetting

are there any apps that would help transfer my texts? and in case you know, is there a better way of tagging important texts for later other than locking them individually?

how can i transfer my saved game data to the new phone? i can't lose my stupid zombies progress!

NOTES: i'm not rooted. and to get the ball rolling...if i "move to SD card" the games i want to transfer, will that do it?

selex

Reaction score
Not unless you use Titanium Backup or other backup apps which usually require root access. Stupid Zombies doesn't have a backup program like Angry Birds does (which I wish it did).

Selex

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
Selex...yeah that seems to be the consensus. Guess it's all the more reason to root.

BLK

Reaction score
Selex...yeah that seems to be the consensus. Guess it's all the more reason to root.
But can VZW tell if your phone is rooted when you send it back? If that is the case I think VZW would void your warranty and make you pay for the replacement phone? Anyone know for sure?

I have a replacement phone coming too and Im rooted, but Titanium Backup is not working for me right now. I get Force Closes every time I try to open it.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But can VZW tell if your phone is rooted when you send it back? If that is the case I think VZW would void your warranty and make you pay for the replacement phone? Anyone know for sure?

I have a replacement phone coming too and Im rooted, but Titanium Backup is not working for me right now. I get Force Closes every time I try to open it.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ti Backup?

And yes, VZW can easily tell if it's rooted when you send it back to them.