Transformer Prime Rumored Release Date Flip-Flops: Dec 9, Nov 28, Dec 19, & Dec 8

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ASUS-Eee-Pad-Transformer-Prime-Tablet.jpg

The rumored release date of the Asus Transformer Prime has been dancing about according to the latest news. Gamestop has created most of the confusion. They have released multiple conflicting reports suggesting the device would ship on December 9th, then November 28th, then back to December 9th, and now their latest info suggests December 19th.

Luckily, since they obviously don't really have any clue when it will be released, we can summarily ignore them. We are also fortunate that there is a new report supposedly coming directly from an Asus spokesperson, that the device will launch in the United States on December 8th. This same source also shared that the tablet would come out in Taiwan on December 1st, and that Europe won't get it until January.

It really makes you scratch your head and wonder if anyone at these companies really think this stuff through and have a schedule. Or perhaps, their marketing departments have an evil sense of humor and like torturing consumers.

Source: TransformerForums via TalkAndroid and PhanDroid

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want it. I wan it i want i want it. The end. :p think ill wait for price to go down from initial release though.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I figure there will be some sales close to xmas or right after for this guy to be MINE. That or at least a bundle deal with the keyboard.

Then the wife can have the transformer I just bought Friday...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
this article is using same source article from above. I guess a droid-life rewrite cant be bad.... netbooknews.

Doh! Didn't even notice. I just read the headline to this thread and didn't read the source link...:biggrin:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE to get this, I just can't justify the expense. I have the IPad and aside from the occasional game and WSJ barely use it. With a keyboard I'd probably be tempted to use it in place of my laptop a lot more, but I don't know.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well we can check the asus rumor cant we.. did it go on sale in Taiwan today?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Asia always beats us.. i know... im just saying.... they said.. taiwan on the 1st, us on the 8th.. if it came out in taiwan today then their word is good. and we could see the 8th here. if it didnt come out over their, their word is bad.