Tried flashing my first ROM....

Gotcha.. appreciate sharing the knowledge, I have learned a lot the past few days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I noticed that my battery life is worse now than before I flashed the AOKP rom. I see that I don't have the Franco kernel, I installed the gapps but I forgot the kernel.
Can I simply download the kernel or do I have to do the same procedure as flashing the rom?
Here is the current kernel, I assume it comes with the rom?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335067367758.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1335067367758.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 232
To flash a kernel all you have to do is place it on your sd card and flash it like any zip file. Because its a kernel and not a rom you DON'T need to wipe or clear cache. As always having a working back up prior to doing any change is wise.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't seem hard. I will try now brb.

That was painless. I downloaded Franco kernel updater from the market. Now I need to learn about the tweaks that are used to get optimal performance.

That was painless. I downloaded Franco kernel updater from the market. Now I need to learn about the tweaks that are used to get optimal performance.

I strongly suggest enabling hotplug within his app. Hotplug turns off one cpu core when the screen is off. That should help a bit with battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I checked it.

Glad to see you got it figured out! Purchasing Franco's updater was the best thing to do! If I may suggest, try out Sourcery ROM, the customizations are endless! Enjoy root!

Back