Two questions I can't find here. End call and Gdoc sync

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) I like to have it so that I can press the power button to end a call. However when I'm on a call on hold with the speaker on so I can set the phone down, the screen times out and shuts off. Now when someone answers, I can't get the screen back on to turn off the loud speaker and talk normally. The only thing that works is the power button which, ends the call. Anyone have the solution?

2)I've had Gdocs on all my Droids and on the previous phones the the app would sync whenever the phone synced everything else. Now with the Razr it doesn't appear to sync unless I do it manually. This is terrible when it comes to editing docs on the pc and the phone and/or when docs are shared. Is there a setting in the phone settings that handles this? they are different than the previous phone/Android versions.

thanks!

monkey_man

Reaction score
1.) If you want to use Power button to end call then you should turn off screen times out or when you press that power button then it will end you call. Screen turn off can be the sensor like when you talking with it close to ear, but this sensor should turn on the screen again.

menu > settings > Display Settings > screen Timeout > Never Time out

menu > settings > Accesibility > Power Button ends call need to be ticked on

SallyC

Reaction score
For Google Docs, go to to Menu, Settings, Accounts and select your Google account. Make sure Google Docs is checked so it syncs.

Zandar

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's no Smart Action for phone calls. Lame. Otherwise, you could set an action to lengthen the screen timeout when on a call. I'm pretty sure Tasker offers this sort of functionality, though.

As for GDocs, you ought to be able to set it to sync it in your Accounts. Go Home --> Menu --> Accounts. Select your Google account and check the box next to Google Docs.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
1.) If you want to use Power button to end call then you should turn off screen times out or when you press that power button then it will end you call. Screen turn off can be the sensor like when you talking with it close to ear, but this sensor should turn on the screen again.

menu > settings > Display Settings > screen Timeout > Never Time out

menu > settings > Accesibility > Power Button ends call need to be ticked on
Unfortunately that's a terrible get around as I would only want that when I'm on hold for lengthy times. And I don't know when that is until I'm knee deep in phone call :biggrin:

Nothing else for this? With the X it has "hard" buttons and the home button would turn on the screen but the soft buttons of the Razr is a no go. :frown:

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
For Google Docs, go to to Menu, Settings, Accounts and select your Google account. Make sure Google Docs is checked so it syncs.
I did that and when I got to the list, gdocs wasn't there. Weird. :mad:

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I got to thinking from your responses, maybe there's more "gdocs" in market. I have been using Gdocs notepad and not Gdocs. So I installed that and now I think I'm where I want to be for that issue. Thanks

Now the screen thing... :blink:

monkey_man

Reaction score
Unfortunately that's a terrible get around as I would only want that when I'm on hold for lengthy times. And I don't know when that is until I'm knee deep in phone call :biggrin:

Nothing else for this? With the X it has "hard" buttons and the home button would turn on the screen but the soft buttons of the Razr is a no go. :frown:

It's just a push of a button after the phone call end :D and your screen will turn off without conflicting an important on-hold call :happy3:. I never use auto timeout and the phone never turned on by itself that can drain battery somehow, but everyone has their own different situation and phone. Anyways you can try autospeaker on Market :icon_ lala: This program will allow you to automatically alternate phone speaker to ear-call by the way you hold off your phone. It has sensibility sensor to extend the angle of the phone for speaker or more private interaction.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I gave up. I turned off the option to end call with the power button. Seems silly that there isn't another way without installing some app/.