Ultimate Droid 5.0

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Who all is running this rom? I really want it on my device. I just have a few questions. I know it is 2.1. Does it still have the 2.1 gallery,dock clock,media player etc? Basicaly is it all the same features at 2.1 just in a totally cool black format with 7 screens? I need to root so I can install this. Also, will I need to root then install droid mod before I can install Ultimate Droid 5.0. Thanks for all help and opinions. Rooting will be new to me. Even with 5.0 can I still go back to stock? Also, if they send an OTA update for 2.1 how will this effect ultimate droid. Will it go back to 2.1 and then have to root and do the process over again?

xvolcomx

Reaction score
Well a good place to start looking for this info would be the Android Roms section of the forums. Using the search function may help too.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who all is running this rom? I really want it on my device. I just have a few questions. I know it is 2.1. Does it still have the 2.1 gallery,dock clock,media player etc? Basicaly is it all the same features at 2.1 just in a totally cool black format with 7 screens? I need to root so I can install this. Also, will I need to root then install droid mod before I can install Ultimate Droid 5.0. Thanks for all help and opinions. Rooting will be new to me. Even with 5.0 can I still go back to stock? Also, if they send an OTA update for 2.1 how will this effect ultimate droid. Will it go back to 2.1 and then have to root and do the process over again?

I run UltimateDroid 5.0 IMO its the best out there. you do not need to install DroidMod first.. it is a separate ROM all together, doridmod is a good place to start because they have the "DMUpdater" which is an app that does most of the work for you.. but the UltimateDroid ROM's are pretty simple ..rooting will block OTA updates.. you will need to unroot to unblock and in turn, yes an OTA update will return you to an unrooted phone (its a little more complicated than that though).. do your research.. look around this site for info.. also rootyourdroid.info has a lot of good tutorials.. and i cant stress enough DO YOUR RESEARCH i dont want to deter you from this awesome adventure.. but ive had a few close scares myself and going out and buying a new $500 phone is out of the question.. best luck and remember we are a community and are all glad to help :D have fun!!