Unable to save any pictures from texts.

zxcymn

Reaction score
I'm trying to save pictures sent via texts, but whenever I hold down on the picture the menu pops up for like a nanosecond then disappears. I tried being really fast and tapping a menu item before it disappeared but it won't press.

Anyone know how I can get the menu to act normally?

I'm using a Motorola Droid on 2.2.1.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome: Which messaging app? Rooted? Custom Rom?

Answer all the questions please.

OP
Z

zxcymn

Reaction score
:welcome: Which messaging app? Rooted? Custom Rom?

1) What the Droid uses by default. The green bubble icon with a smiley named Messaging.

2) Yes.

3) No.

Thanks for the reply!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Maybe try handcent. I have been using it almost since day one, perhaps even before I was rooted and it has worked fine for me. I have read about people having troubles with the stock app.

good luck

OP
Z

zxcymn

Reaction score
I'm probably going to end up just doing a factory reset. I've been having a lot of problems a few days after rooting. That messaging problem, phone runs extremely slow, multiple essential programs force closing etc.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Handcent works much better than the stock messaging app and has many more features as well, alot of folks use it instead of stock, but . . .

Just know that the actual rooting did not affect your phone's performance and though a factory data reset will possibly (probably) help, it will not unroot it.

good luck

OP
Z

zxcymn

Reaction score
Just know that the actual rooting did not affect your phone's performance

Well, I've had the phone for over a year and it's always run like new. The day after I root it, problems everywhere. It's kinda hard for me to believe that was a coincidence after a year.

Thanks for the help. I'll give Handcent a try before resetting or finding out how to unroot.

EDIT: Trying a different texting app isn't gonna matter, I just realized, because when you go to save pictures they aren't opened within the texting app. It's doing the same thing with Handcent.

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Look to any other apps installed since rooting, maybe. Otherwise, I guess I can't help.

good luck