Universal Gingerbread Root Method for Motorola Devices is here!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

As a modder it is always nice to hear that my device has been rooted being that most mods require Root level access. A universal Root method is now available for all Motorola devices running Gingerbread 2.3, and no this is not a one-click method. Developer "Rodrigojfuentes" has come up with a method for rooting the whole lot of Moto phones. Now this method is not straight forward and should only be attempted by those with some experience, although if you are good at following directions you should be good to go. First of all you will need to be running Linux (or a Windows or Mac computer with a Linux virtual machine). You will need some adb knowledge as there will be some commands that are needed to retrieve the files that will be modified. This is a lot of work to get to the final result of a rooted phone, but it is nice to know that the method is available for those devices that were previously unrootable.

Now maybe a nice developer will make this one-clickable for the rest of us!

Instructions via XDA

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't really think a one-click setup is possible here.

I do have an idea for anyone who wants to try it out and doesn't run Linux, though. Use Wubi (Windows Ubuntu Installer) - this will set up a dual-boot Linux system in a virtual partition right from within Windows. When you reboot the PC, Ubuntu will be a boot option. I prefer it to a virtual machine when it comes to anything requiring reliable USB communication.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I don't really think a one-click setup is possible here.

I do have an idea for anyone who wants to try it out and doesn't run Linux, though. Use Wubi (Windows Ubuntu Installer) - this will set up a dual-boot Linux system in a virtual partition right from within Windows. When you reboot the PC, Ubuntu will be a boot option. I prefer it to a virtual machine when it comes to anything requiring reliable USB communication.

sounds interesting. i myself dont feel comfortable doing to much int he whole coding area have yet to do anything to my rooted bionic. but it is really cool to see a break through like this.