Unlock/Lock custom sound?

HxCZombie

Reaction score
I know I need Root Explorer and a well timed ogg file to match. But does anyone know where i can get ogg files online or anywhere? I'd like a lightsaber sound. unlock would be the lightsaber turning on and lock would be lightsaber off..etc. or maybe the mario mushroom sounds. or mario saying "letsa go!" and "mamma mia!" for the lock. if anyone knows any programs or would have the time to take requests, that would be awesome sauce. it would be even MORE awesome sauce if they were pro/HQ sounding and well timed.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ya know I also thought about this one day, then forgot about it. I have good Adobe sound editing software and wanted to make my own OGG lock sound file... Do you know where it is located on the system?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've used mp3's for that before. But if you can pm me the sounds, I'll convert them for you. Or google "sounds converter" or something to that effect. The program I use I found on the Internet. Just can't remember the name right now.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
H

HxCZombie

Reaction score
ill make a list of some i'd like to try out
and ill get some mp3 clip done on Garageband.

CJM / icculusX
if these turn out good maybe we could open a "Custom Unlock/Lock Sound" thread.
idk upto you guys lol

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I've made some that go along with the screen on/off animations for gingerbread. Kinda like a phase out/on sound. Didn't work great with the screen on because it only makes the sound once the screen is unlocked. But it worked when the screen was turned off. But I'd be glad to post them.

Swyped from a Droid

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Heres the program I use to convert files: Free Studio

Heres a brief description from that page:
"With this free software you can convert video and audio files between different formats and to iPod, PSP, iPhone, BlackBerry and all popular mobile phones and devices; burn and rip DVDs and audio CDs; upload and download YouTube videos and music to your computer, iPod, PSP, iPhone and BlackBerry; perform basic editing of audio and video files as well as record videos and make snapshots."

And heres the sounds I made. The zip contains the .ogg files and the .wma files, in case you want to hear them first without going through the process of installing them: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12608435/Lock and Unlock.zip

OP
H

HxCZombie

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been on my comp for awhile, ill download that program and start working on some files. Hopefully they'll work

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jems

Reaction score
I want to change my Lock/Unlock sounds, so I followed the instructions from the post above, at:

How To – Change Your Unlock/Lock Sound – droidpirate.com

I downloaded/installed the "Root Explorer" program.

However, in Step 4 (the first step 4 :), I do not see a "Mount r/w" button to change the file from 'read only' to 'r/w'.

Should I try a different application, or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
@jems The button should be at the top. Its the only button there. Make sure you're in the /ui folder.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

Last edited:

jems

Reaction score
CJM:
I have no such button. Pardon my ignorance, but I believe for any of this to work my phone needs to be "rooted". I'm new at this, so bear with me. I downloaded/installed: z4root, but it didn't seem to help. It goes through a "running exploit" message, then "acquiring shell", then goes away. If I then run Root Explorer, i still do not have the R/W button.
Maybe I need a different rootkit application? I have a Cliq 2, if that helps narrow down the options.

Thanks!

jems

Reaction score
Yup, you def need root

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

Is successfully running z4root all that is necessary? After it is run, I should have that button permitting me to change the file permissions? Or is there still more I would need to do?
Whether I pick "Temporary Root" or "Permanent Root", I still never see the button in the screenshot above..

Dad61

Reaction score
SuperC

Here's a great program for converting all kinds of files, video, audio and so on, it'll mux them, demux them, create gif files out of images, hell, it'll almost convert an atheist to....well, you get the point. The program is SuperC, make sure you read before just clicking to download, the actual SuperC is on the 3rd page. I've been using it for years now. SUPERC