Updates

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I've been with android for a little over a month now and I've heard that nexus devices get updates quicker than other devices.

I'm curious how the update schedule goes versus other android phones. I know the nexus has been out for 10 days and I haven't seem an update yet. The razr has been out for a month and a few weeks and it just got an update.

If it wasn't the holidays do you think the nexus would have received its update by now??

Will we have to wait a month and few weeks for an update??

Just trying to learn the game we play...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alienware777

Reaction score
Google doesn't have an update ready yet, so they haven't sent one out. Its not like theres an update every month or something.

catfisher

Reaction score
My phone received the 4.0.2 (I think) right after I turned it on 6 days ago.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Google doesn't have an update ready yet, so they haven't sent one out. Its not like theres an update every month or something.

I assume there is an update when there are issues.

And there are issues now..

I guess I'm curious as to how quicker do nexus devices get updates.. cause the process seems slow at the moment but I'm also a little impatient..

catfisher

Reaction score
Patience buddy. It is brand new and it is Christmas day. As alienware said, there isn't an update ready yet...we all await improvements from big brother Google together.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Patience buddy. It is brand new and it is Christmas day. As alienware said, there isn't an update ready yet...we all await improvements from big brother Google together.

Yeah.. I'm trying to be. Its hard though when are out and about and you can't use your phone cause your data is out. Just hoping updates will fix the issue.

Merry Christmas by the way...

Reaction score
The Razr still runs on gingerbread, not ice cream sandwich so there wont be any of the same updates now. For the people who say that the updates come much sooner to nexus device, they mean major OS upgrades. That's because they don't have to put any UI overlay like motorola or HTC do. Little upgrades are normally for bugs and other small things but for a bug they release it as soon as possible. Just wait and it will come out eventually. It's not like with other phones they withhold updates like bug fixes that would make your device better. There probably won't be major updates for a while for the nexus.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
The Razr still runs on gingerbread, not ice cream sandwich so there wont be any of the same updates now. For the people who say that the updates come much sooner to nexus device, they mean major OS upgrades. That's because they don't have to put any UI overlay like motorola or HTC do. Little upgrades are normally for bugs and other small things but for a bug they release it as soon as possible. Just wait and it will come out eventually. It's not like with other phones they withhold updates like bug fixes that would make your device better. There probably won't be major updates for a while for the nexus.

Mmm sounds good.

I guess I'm not comparing the two. I guess I'm just comparing the time table for the first ota update.

I don't really say 4.0.2 was first cause that really hit before you left the store.