Updating rooted bionic

nitrosport_5

Ive had my bionic rooted since the day i got it. Its been bugging me about an update for quite a while now. every time i go to update it fails, im assuming because it is rooted? The reason that i rooted was to get rid of all of the bloatware. I dont *need* my bionic rooted as long as the bloatware doesnt come back.

So, what i am asking is what is the best way to go about updating? And is it easy to keep root, or will i need to re-root my phone? I heard that android 4 was coming to the bionic? Should i just wait for that? There are just a few software bugs with my bionic that i would like to see if the update will solve. Thanks in advance for any replys. I am sure this has been discussed before so sorry if this is a repeat.

bbucks36

Ive had my bionic rooted since the day i got it. Its been bugging me about an update for quite a while now. every time i go to update it fails, im assuming because it is rooted? The reason that i rooted was to get rid of all of the bloatware. I dont *need* my bionic rooted as long as the bloatware doesnt come back.

So, what i am asking is what is the best way to go about updating? And is it easy to keep root, or will i need to re-root my phone? I heard that android 4 was coming to the bionic? Should i just wait for that? There are just a few software bugs with my bionic that i would like to see if the update will solve. Thanks in advance for any replys. I am sure this has been discussed before so sorry if this is a repeat.

when you removed bloatware did you delete or freeze. unfortunately the update looks for untampered version before installing the OTA.. either unfreeze them if you did or replace then with backups that you created. going to market and reinstalling them does not work. if you completely delete off your phone you might have to FXZ back to stock. look in the forums to see how.

or if you content at what version your on .. get root explorer and look for a file in system>apps>motorola.updater.apk and change it by adding .bak ..it will stop the annoying you have update message.