USB File Transfer

bhmhrex

Reaction score
Hello,

Ok I just bought the Droid Maxx and I plugged it into my computer via USB only to find out you can't transfer document files, zip files etc. What I am needing to do is transfer a .zip file from my old phone that contains data backed up from the program My Backup Pro.

Well, I did finally get to transfer the file and my computer shows the directory as XT1080/Internal Storage/

When I go to my back up pro and look where it is trying to find the file at it is looking in storage/emulated/legacy. I tried changing it to /Internal Storage/ etc and it won't find it.

My question is: How can I get into my phone directory from my computer to find the folder where My Backup pro is installed so I can drop this .zip file into it or how to find out where it is looking for files? Any help would be great!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm

Using this or any other file manager/explorer will allow you to move files back and forth from location to location. You'll need to either move it to the folder it's expecting to find it in, or set the folder location in your backup program to where the file is now located if it has that option.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

doogald

Reaction score
Hello,

Ok I just bought the Droid Maxx and I plugged it into my computer via USB only to find out you can't transfer document files, zip files etc. What I am needing to do is transfer a .zip file from my old phone that contains data backed up from the program My Backup Pro.

Well, I did finally get to transfer the file and my computer shows the directory as XT1080/Internal Storage/

When I go to my back up pro and look where it is trying to find the file at it is looking in storage/emulated/legacy. I tried changing it to /Internal Storage/ etc and it won't find it.

My question is: How can I get into my phone directory from my computer to find the folder where My Backup pro is installed so I can drop this .zip file into it or how to find out where it is looking for files? Any help would be great!

You need to drop the files into /storage/emulated/0

Internal Storage is the wrong place. Files dropped there will not show up in internal storage.

Yes, it's stupid.

OP
B

bhmhrex

Reaction score
Ya...Not sure if I really upgraded or not, with not being able to really mount this to my laptop and use it as a file transfer. I can't even find the folder where the program My Backup pro was installed to (Reware). However, the above did help me with pointing the program to the right file destination. Thanks!

poppy5

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s9
Download MobiKin Assistant for Android on your PC and connect your device to computer via USB/WiFi,once connected,this software will conduct a deeply scanning on your device and get into your phone directory from your computer,then you can find the folder where your Backup pro is.