Verizon Customerless Non-Service

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have been through the ringer with VZW 1-800 customer service and tech line over the last several weeks. Multiple FDR's, Cache wipes, Safe Modes etc. VZW in their infinite wisdom has designed their customer service system so you can never, ever, ever, never speak to the same person twice. Every time I talk to someone they tell me notes will be in the system, anyone can see what occurred and anyone can help me. I call back and the next person is clueless to what occurred

Today with my issue, I went to a corporate store and had the assistant manager call. Lots of promises. The store manager came towards the end and got in on the fun. So now I have two credible witnesses. Yet at the end of the day the call center people were supposed follow up and call back with a resolution... never called back. I had the store manager follow up for me, the 1-800 person could find no record of my call.

So even though I have credible VZW witnesses to the promises, I still am waiting for the store manager to find the people in 1-800 hell that made them, and follow up on them.

Is there is someone here in DF land that can help me navigate VZW 1-800 hell

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
It is a Bionic. Hangs up and freezes. If there is something I haven't tried 10 times, I certainly welcome the advice.

But, the main reson for this post is to get info on how to get follow through in 1-800 hell. Yesterday in the morning, I was told they would give me an upgrade 60 days early, and 4 hours later no one knew anything about it. I need to get to the supervisor and AD (whatever that is) that promised that. They treat info like national security. Knowing there would be no follow up, like every time before, I begged for recontact info. Like it was some type of top secrete info, the only thing they would tell me is first name and state they were in.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
If you are a VZW employee afraid of the machine, message me. We can take this off line, and no one will know where the advice came from

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I believe in givers gain. So without any help replies, I will try to post my follow up. If the issue resolves, it can be used by someone else to resolve an issue. If it does not resolve, it can be used as what NOT to do to solve an issue. The short version of actions since my OP

I was escalated up to supervisors. Finally I was escalated up to Frank with a title of AD (not sure what that title means) However, I had to wait 24-48 hours for Frank, the AD, to call. The first 48 hours passed. I called back to 1-800 hell and was escalated up to a supervisor. She looked at the issue. She seemed quite amazed that Frank did not follow up, as that can cause a corrective action. This supervisor filled out a form (I wish I could remember the exact name, but something along the lines of an action form) She said this form creates a very huge sense of urgency within VZW, and I may get a call immediately from Frank, the AD. But the promised response time was again 24-48 hours. At the time of this post, I am 2-3 of hours away from my second 48 hour wait time, and no follow up.

Stay tuned