Verizon Rolls Out 29 New 4G LTE Markets Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-LTE-map-2012-oct.jpg

The above image is from October and was the most current one we could find quickly, so it might not reflect all of the new markets.

Verizon Wireless just announced they have expanded their 4G LTE coverage to 29 new markets. This now brings their total coverage up to 470 across the US. Here's their press statement,

It’s a growing part of the day for many people – the amount of time spent on their smartphone. Consumers spend more than 80 minutes a day on their devices, according to a recent estimate, most often for browsing the Web, social networking and gaming.

With the need to be accessible for family, friends and colleagues at the drop of a hat, it’s necessary to have an expansive and reliable network. Already offering the nation’s largest 4G LTE network, Verizon Wireless will expand service again today, adding 29 new markets, including Selma, Ala., Clarksburg, W. Va., and Port Angeles, Wash., bringing the total of U.S. markets covered to 470.

To help inform customers about their network choices, independent wireless testing companies, such as RootMetrics, perform testing throughout the year to determine network strength, reliability and speed across each of the wireless carriers. In 2012, RootMetrics results showed that Verizon Wireless outperformed competitors in a large majority of markets tested.

With 4G LTE becoming the wireless standard, consumers are becoming accustomed to experiencing the best that wireless has to offer. For some, that experience includes revolutionary video capabilities and multiplayer gaming, while for others it includes powering their small business on the go. The latest 4G LTE-enabled devices like the DROID DNA By HTC and the Samsung Galaxy Note II, round out the experience by taking full advantage of the fast data speeds and low latency offered by the network.

Having just celebrated its second anniversary, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE is also expanding in 36 existing markets and is available to more than 250 million people. For street-level detail of coverage and more, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/4GLTE.

Source: Verizon News

Last edited:

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tri-Cities, WA. == getting closer
that's about 45 minutes away from me

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Nope, nothing here. I'm still waiting.

Reaction score
Several markets in New Hampshire finally added!

Yea what i don't get Plymouth got 4g but Laconia,Tilton and Franklin got jumped over. That was kinda pointless. All of the south of nh has 4g but this one part nope.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums