Verizon Won't Carry The HTC One A9 Until December

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wwsXJE6.jpg

There may be a few of you interested in this mid tier device. HTC has satisfied the desire of those of you wishing to be able to run Android on an iPhone with the One A9. It has the design of an iPhone, but runs Marshmallow with the Sense overlay. Go ahead and argue with me that Apple stole their design from the M7. Now go place an iPhone 6 next to an M7, then place an A9 next to an iPhone 6 and tell me which phone looks like it is cloning the other!

We can argue all day about the design, but what really interests me about this device is the fact that HTC is selling it carrier unlocked with support for all major carriers! I really wish that all OEMs would go this route. This is what I really love about the Moto X Pure, and the Nexus 6. That being said if you want to buy this phone off contract it will set you back $399 now or $499 after November 7th. If you are waiting for Verizon to slap their branding on the device and add their bloatware to it so you can pick it up at the subsidized price (my guess $199) you will have to wait until December.

As per usual Verizon will be late to the game, or will they? HTC has not announced a ship day for this phone and all you can do right now is pre-order. I am guessing that the devices may start shipping near November 7th since this is the cutoff date for the discounted pre-order pricing, but that is just speculation. Is anyone waiting around for this device?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm thinking about it. The other two devices I'm considering are the Nexus 5x and the Droid Maxx 2. The interesting wrinkle with the A9 is you can actually order the unlocked AT&T version, and *apparently* it will work on Verizon's LTE network. Looks like the option will require a software update from HTC though, so maybe we shouldn't hold our breath.

HTC One A9 Is The First Non-CDMA Phone Of Verizon: How Will That Work Out?

-Matt