very weird issue... please help!

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
So I've had a Droid 1 for about a year and a half, then gave it to my mom when i got my HTC Thunderbolt. Well of course after about two weeks, somehow the Droid is in the worst shape its ever been in. Its running UD 3.3.0 and RZR recovery; and its been running that recovery and various recent UD roms for months. well she said its been acting weird, i go to look at it and once i unlock the screen, the camera comes on, then i back out of it and it comes back on. and again and again and again.... so i go to recovery, and it automatically reboots to android, so i cant do anything, retry several times and its no good... so i hop on the computer, reboot to bootloader and open RSD Lite, and attempt to flash a rom via SBF and wont ya know it... FAIL. it wouldnt flash. i dont know what to do from here besides scrap it and get a new cheapy for her.. any ideas?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I had problems trying to flash an sbf using rsdlite awhile back and discovered it was the computer that kept giving me the fail. Try using rsdlite on another computer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
G

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
i feel like my computer should be fine with it though, since ive used it to flash sbf in rooting 2 different droids on different occasions

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you try loading to recovery by holding the X on the physical keyboard during power up? I had problems flashing with RSD last time, but it took after the second or third try. Sounds like something is buggered up, good luck!

OP
G

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
yes, i tried actually physically booting to recovery and doing it the shortcut way with the power button. no luck with either. after about 45 mins, i gave up, took out the battery and gave it back to my mom. she was interested to see if it would work, with any luck, and put in the battery. and viola! no problems whatsoever anymore. weird. must have been from her running with it while holding it... she probably was holding down the camera button the whole time by accident now that i think about it and droid had a heart attack when it got to actually open the camera

chewy74

Reaction score
in my opinon, i would suggest flashing UD2.5 on her droid. giving her your droid with a GB ROM probablty isnt a good idea unless she knows her way around hacking the phone. GB is not stable and will continue to give her "weird issues" as well as closing apps due to low memory issues.

UD2.5 or PE4.2 are the best 2 FROYO builds

OP
G

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
Yeah that's a good idea, when it comes to using her phone she might as well be a cave man lol

sent from my BAMF HTC thunderbolt!

robbienick

Reaction score
Guys come up with the same idea. Should flash it back to UD2.5 or something. Like myself, also running on UD 2.5, smooth and fast enough.