Vibrate..?

evan2001

Okay maybe It's me. Is there a way to have the phone just vibrate?

I set the volume rocker down to vibrate and nothing. And I don't want to turn on the vibrate so it vibrated and rings.

Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Cybervlad81

The rocker should go all the way down to mute and then one more click should be vibrate.

OP
evan2001

evan2001

Sorry thought I was clear. I've tried that and nothing. Now I don't have vibrate checked in the setting of sms and phone because I don't want it to vibrate when I want it ring.

I want a way to have it just vibrate with ease

LeslieS

I hope this is where my question should go. Previously if I put my phone (Evo Shift) on vibrate, all other notifications would also vibrate. Something has changed because I have the phone on vibrate put the text message notification makes the sound I have assigned to it. I guess what I'm trying to say is: If the phone is on vibrate, all notifcations vibrate, if the phone is set to ring, all notifcations (that you've set to make a sound) will make that sound??

Leslie:greendroid:

LeslieS

papaandroid

Go to Personalize - Widgets - HTC Widgets. Find the Settings-Profile widget and place it on your Home screen. You can cycle through three settings, Normal, Silent and Vibrate with one tap. I use it a lot for meetings, movie theaters, etc.

This phone has many untapped, pun not intended, features if you look for them. Too many apps being built for something that is already there. IMHO.

LeslieS

Thanx. I had added this app. Text messages would still make the sound when the phone was on vibrate but someone found it for me. The setting I wanted was under Sound Profile. I selected vibrate so now everything vibrates when I put the phone on vibrate. Thanx to all for the help/suggestions, I'm trying everything that was suggested.

dancedroid
Leslie

papaandroid

Good to hear, I sped read your initial post and suggested something that was unrelated. Check my signature and find the user guide, it has helped me immensely and you can and should tap your way through all settings, you will find a lot of things that you can adjust that you didn't know you could.

LeslieS

Thank you. I will take a look. 300 pages, good thing I have a week off!! hahaha Seriously, I apprecaite that & I will red it
dancedroid
Leslie

PS: I REALLY want that little dancing android to use in emails!!