Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t
Google's update plan for Wear OS devices is confusing...at best

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think I figured out this Wear OS tiles update mess / confusing rollout. I had to factory reset my watch to pair with my new phone. I had tiles previously. I updated the Wear OS version and then updated the Wear OS app on the watch to the latest, the one that has Tiles. Rebooted....still no Tiles. Waited a few days, rebooted again....still no Tiles. Then I realized that I had not updated the Google Fit app on my watch, because I don't use it; I use Moto Body instead. What happens when you swipe to the right on a Wear OS watch by default? Google Fit. So I updated Google Fit on my watch and was instantly greeted with "welcome to Tiles....tap to configure". Seems like it's a two-part process....1) update to the latest Wear OS app update and then 2) update the Google Fit app on the watch.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I think I figured out this Wear OS tiles update mess / confusing rollout. I had to factory reset my watch to pair with my new phone. I had tiles previously. I updated the Wear OS version and then updated the Wear OS app on the watch to the latest, the one that has Tiles. Rebooted....still no Tiles. Waited a few days, rebooted again....still no Tiles. Then I realized that I had not updated the Google Fit app on my watch, because I don't use it; I use Moto Body instead. What happens when you swipe to the right on a Wear OS watch by default? Google Fit. So I updated Google Fit on my watch and was instantly greeted with "welcome to Tiles....tap to configure". Seems like it's a two-part process....1) update to the latest Wear OS app update and then 2) update the Google Fit app on the watch.

Wow, good to know! How odd, but at least the mystery is solved. I'll need to know this for my phone upgrade coming soon.... Thanks so much, Sajo!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Aaaaand, I lost my tiles when I upgraded my phone. I did a reset on my watch and started from scratch. Somewhere along the way my tiles went away.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Aaaaand, I lost my tiles when I upgraded my phone. I did a reset on my watch and started from scratch. Somewhere along the way my tiles went away.

Yep, same here. But be patient and wait for the Wear OS app update (or 2) and the Google Fit app update (or 2) and Tiles should return.