Welcome to the Factory ROM Area for the HTC Thunderbolt

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the release of the Galaxy Nexus we still have the HTC Thunderbolt going strong - keep your eyes peeled in this area, excited to see what Mycomputerdoctor and his Factory ROM have in store for the TB community :nerd:

mpeg3s

Reaction score
Hello, I'm seeking the oldest original factory Thunderbolt ROM.

cyberkeeper1

Reaction score
UNROOT AND RESTORE TO FACTORY ROM with S-ON

OK so those are the ROMS for the phone. oldest by type. the one where you have not accepted the OTA is Froyo. the second oldest after the update is GB 2.3.3 i believe
you must RUU in order to use a factory ROM. this will re-write the proper bootloader. attempting to install a factory ROM with the wrong HBOOT version can very well cause a boot-loop or worse. You don't want the worse part.

ALSO...

this needs to be in caps lock: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUU BEFORE RESTORING FACTORY HBOOT IF YOU USED ANY SORT OF REVOLUTIONARY OR HTC SUPERTOOL. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE AND CAUSE A SECURITY WARNING TO OCCUR. YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST FLASH THE OLDER. ORIGINAL HBOOT VERSION 1.04.0000 IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE FOTA. IF YOU DID, YOU MUST USE HBOOT VERSION 1.05.0000 TO RESTORE THE 2.11.605.9 ROM VERSION I LINKED TO YOU.

Head on over to XDA Forums to view the proper unroot and factory rom info.

Last edited: